hegi hydrofoil

B

Bluewavestudios

Looks good Paul, Nice work and am looking forwards to the watershots.

Genius, at least you have some inspiration now to get yours restored, doesn't look too shabby from what I can see in the pic so I don't suppose it will take too long.

Regards.......Mark.

A

artic-corsair

hegi hydro , rudder

I have one, too, but it's in shabby condition. Your's is looking great!

Hope I can restore mine into likewise condition some day.
have you used yours , i had problems with controll at slow speed ,i.e no rudder response at all , so i retro fitted another rudder behind the prop, and used a seperate servo to control it , remebering that the outer rudders work on a different system , i have inclosed pics to explain

View attachment 13772

View attachment 13773

boats 011.jpg

boats 012.jpg

D

Diegoboy

Who still has this model?

I live in the USA, and I'm having one shipped from Germany on 7/18/07.

A

Averof

Hi guys, your boats look great, a specialy the double prop one.

I'm try to tune up my own scratchbuilt Hydrofoil. At the begining my twelve years old son made his own RC boat on the base of a 1/72 nd Revell MTB. The kit is only 12 inch long, so it has been quite a job to make it RC. unfortunatly the boat had an accident. The boy felt very sorry about it so i tried to mend it up. First as it was ruined, I had to recreate a super structure from scratch, then I've equiped it with a much more efficent motor, for greater speed. But when turning, the boat was kapsizeing, so I had an idea, I've fitted it with Foils. New problemes appeared. For the moment I'm going threw a certain amount of inproovements. I've fitteted the boat with a small Graupner Microspeed motor wich gives great velocity for a very light weight. I've refitted a micro plane receptor and a 10 A speed controler and two Nokia phone li-on Battery. the foils are made out of heli propellers. I'll thread photos of boat flying as soon as it's finished. For the moment, here are pictures of the genuin revell Kit and my scratch before fitting it with Foils.

Best regards to all of you.

Averof

View attachment 16336

View attachment 16337

View attachment 16338

View attachment 16339

View attachment 16340

View attachment 16341

mtbbt.jpg

mtba.jpg

Photo008.jpg

Photo009.jpg

Photo010.jpg

Photo012.jpg

S

shark15

\ said:
heres some pics of the now completed hydrofoil , tested last year , flys great but going to upgrade motor for this year, has blue flashing light and siren sound , will try and get some on water pics soon:
Hello artic-corsair I just happened to come across your thread about the Hegi ship , I have the origional kit but I do not think I will be able to build. I think I will put it up on E-Bay what do you think I should ask for it . I purchased it a good 20 years ago so I have no idea what it is worth , thanks for any help with this .By the way I just finished the

Gungi Super Comet came out beautifull brushless motor and esc , flies across the lake , getting ready to start the 32nd parellel VS-8 hydrofoil. Thanks again Steve

D

Diegoboy

The wings on mine were warped, so I had some new ones fabricated from aluminum. I am also rebuilding everything from the deck up. I laid some carbon fiber rod with glass cloth to strengthen the hull floor. I will post pics when done. (soon I hope)

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Danny, I'm not a boat builder, and I don't normally look at the boat/ship part of the site, but this is a pretty one.

If this is a floater I'd like to see some pictures on the water.

Nice work and well done.

Tony.

D

Diegoboy

Thank you Tony!

I plan to do one better that just have pics on the water, I plan to post video of her operation very soon

Last edited:
C

CDW

\ said:
...does anyone else hear those crickets?
As i said on another thread, there's some areas of the forum that don't get as much traffic just due to the subject matter not being a common one... the main area of interest here is military vehicles etc and subsequently gets the most views & comments.

I've been looking at this thread often (maybe i should have commented) as i'm having a bash at a scratch built "static" boat and i thought i may get some ideas :smiling3:

I like what i see here so far i must say and hope to see this video footage of it in full swing :smiling3:

Really nice looking little boat all in all !!

D

Diegoboy

CDW,

Thanks for the reply and info.

LED Video as promised:

Chatter sound is from the cheap servo I attached to the RX. Spotlight isn't ready, and the LED used as the spotlight in this video isn't even the one I will use, It's just there for testing.

[video=youtube_share;VtLtOa7WQdI]

C

CDW

Looks all operational eh?

Will look even better on the water in full swing ... maybe a dusk or dawn video shoot on a lake or pond would show off the lighting and you'd still get the full effects of the model hydrofoiling (if thats a word:smiling3:)