Heidi's Ride - MAIM Hoverbike

baz

SMF Poster
Hello Steve,
I like this very much if I only wish that I could paint as well as you, building models I find easy but painting NO CHANCE, I always make a mess unless its just a basic undercoat spray, how do you do it, you must have the knack. One question..... who makes the kit ? or is it a scratch build of your own ?, it looks great,

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

monica

SMF Poster
First Name
monica
looks great,Steve,like the paint work,nice weathering,and detail,pickup,
good idea for the base,well done,do like it :smiling::thumb2:

First Name
Steve
Hello Steve,
I like this very much if I only wish that I could paint as well as you, building models I find easy but painting NO CHANCE, I always make a mess unless its just a basic undercoat spray, how do you do it, you must have the knack. One question..... who makes the kit ? or is it a scratch build of your own ?, it looks great,

regards Barrie ( the old guy )
Barrie, thanks for the kind comments. The kit is made by MAIM (Modern army in miniatures) part of their Front46 Range. The bike is all spray painted, tamiya primer, followed by a base coat of tamiya NATO black, followed by tamiya white onto high points and middle of panels and then JGSDF green was misted on , circular spraying action to build up the green overlay, trying to ensure that the shadows are still visible. then chipped with a sponge and brush and details touched in with Vallejo paints.