Heinkel He111 H3

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Built from Revells Icons of Aviation, Battle of Britain set, for a group build elsewhere (yeah I know!)
Plagued with issues throughout but put up with it, several times being nearly swiped of the bench so without further a do... the pile of :poop:
20230423_222004.jpg20230423_222012.jpg20230423_222020.jpg20230423_222116.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lee, I'm not finding it too difficult to look at this bird, aside from the fact it is not the most attractive aircraft that the Germans built. Sure it disgusted you a lot more than other kits, but I think you managed to turn out a pretty darn nice model. Thanks for posting it up. :thumb2:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee, I'm not finding it too difficult to look at this bird, aside from the fact it is not the most attractive aircraft that the Germans built. Sure it disgusted you a lot more than other kits, but I think you managed to turn out a pretty darn nice model. Thanks for posting it up. :thumb2:
Thanks Rick, it was a tough one to keep on the bench that's for sure

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks ok from here Lee but that is a lot of glass.

What made it such a pain?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks good to me, well The Committee felt the same Lee and they have awarded you
2020DB.jpg
Congratulations.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks ok from here Lee but that is a lot of glass.

What made it such a pain?
Andrew, thank you, problems... fit issues, flash, over or under scale things not staying stuck I.E. the weapons in the belly, didn't stick and have since decided to fall in... slightly annoying!

Looks good to me, well The Committee felt the same Lee and they have awarded you
View attachment 479974
Congratulations.
John thank you and the committee, greatfully received

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
HI Lee very nice heinky love your work on the cam but is there no swastia on the tail ?
chrisb
Thanks Chris.
There were none on the sheet, I did find that a bit strange but then... I'll stop there otherwise I'll go in to a rant!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris.
There were none on the sheet, I did find that a bit strange but then... I'll stop there otherwise I'll go in to a rant!
WELL ive seen other get them on this site
chrisb

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
WELL ive seen other get them on this site
chrisb
Not disputing that mate, there was none on the sheet to use and it was complete too, I was going to get in contact with Revell but couldn't be bothered in the end!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Certain countries, including Revell's home country, Germany, don't allow the swastika to be displayed - it's their law. It's easy enough to source decal sheets to correct this. ( Yes - Revell is German. Revell USA went under several years ago & Revell De. acquired their moulds )
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sooooooo Dave, yer sayin' there's still Nazis in the World...... ;)......Hmmmmmmm

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Built from Revells Icons of Aviation, Battle of Britain set, for a group build elsewhere (yeah I know!)
Plagued with issues throughout but put up with it, several times being nearly swiped of the bench so without further a do... the pile of :poop:
View attachment 479971View attachment 479970View attachment 479969View attachment 479968
Thought I'd already commented,but obviously not!! :sad:
I actually really like the look of these Heinkels,and of course,they are an iconic plane :smiling3:
Despite the problems you've had with fighting this kit,I think you've made a superb fist of it mate..
..... a "PROPER JOB". ;)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well Lee, it looks fine and dandy to me. Happy to see JR and 't' committee have awarded you the Delta Bravo's!!
I have to say I'm a fan of the Heinkel 111, liked it when I was a kid and still like it now. (Another to klag on my ever growing wish list).

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You certainly won the battle Dave, you’ve made a great job of it
Thanks Mick

Thought I'd already commented,but obviously not!! :sad:
I actually really like the look of these Heinkels,and of course,they are an iconic plane :smiling3:
Despite the problems you've had with fighting this kit,I think you've made a superb fist of it mate..
..... a "PROPER JOB". ;)
Thanks Andy, appreciated mate

Well Lee, it looks fine and dandy to me. Happy to see JR and 't' committee have awarded you the Delta Bravo's!!
I have to say I'm a fan of the Heinkel 111, liked it when I was a kid and still like it now. (Another to klag on my ever growing wish list).
Thanks Doug, yeah, there is something about them... if you add to the stash, don't get an old Frog/ Revell kit!