Heller La Reale De France

M

My Model Car Workshop

That's really amazing Ken, I just love the open fire and cooking pots. I didn't know the French had such elaborate ships, it reminds me of one of the Roman Galley's. It needs to be displayed where it isn't likely to get knocked as it is quite a big model. Well done for persevering with such a complicated kit. What's next on the build list Ken? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks geoff, I have so many started which I really should finish but I've got my eye on the italeri mefistofeles, looks like an amazing kit with so much potential for improvements, my missus says if I'm good I can have it for my birthday. Shame that's not till October.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's an amazing piece of work Ken well done

It makes me want to watch Jason and the argonauts :D

M

My Model Car Workshop

Mefistofeles ? What the heck is that all about, never heard that before, it sounds like two boxers having a fight, Me Fisti Fella's o_O But! let me guess, it has to be something Military. No! Then I have no idea Ken. :confused:.

Managed to pick up a few 1/18 Burago cars on flea bay. I know they are ready built models, but they are nice models and I am giong to display them, when I can find some room. I tend to go for the older cars and have just dropped on a Ferrari 250 GT Tetra Rosa and an E-Type Jag fixed head coupe, waiting for dlivery, to add to my collection. :D

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Ken

That's a nice looking ship well done for persevering at it the one thing I would do is put in a case of some sort I did the heller 100 Victory and the dust eventually killed its rigging and cannon located on the lower decks where you couldn't reach to clean it

Regards

Colin

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that's one fancy ship,so glad that you did finish it,looks great ,with all that gold and color could only be french,

very well done,I do like it, :smiling3:

D

dougie

Bloody hell, that's a Labour if love, great job on this. You have put a lot of effort in and out shows. Great job, love the paint colours and the details

S

steve scan

I too am glad you stuck at it this is wonderful and having once had this in my sweaty palms I take my hat off to you for your perseverance and skills, well done.

First Name
barry
Beeeutiful as Colin said it needs to go in a case but would not be cheap,great work.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for all the kind replies and comments,Goeff you would love the Mefistofeles it is a 1/12 old Italian racing car, by all accounts an incredible kit in detail and parts.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, that has turned out very nicely Ken. Such elaborate decoration on that vessel, you've done a fantastic job with the detail work.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Awesome work Ken it looks fantastic and what with all the trials and tribulations you've had with it it makes for an even better build

Top work Ken and I'm now looking forward to the car

M

My Model Car Workshop

\ said:
Thanks for all the kind replies and comments,Goeff you would love the Mefistofeles it is a 1/12 old Italian racing car, by all accounts an incredible kit in detail and parts.
Just up my street Ken, I'll definitely be watching this build. Iv'e got a couple of old racing car kits in 1/24 scale in my stash. A Talbot Lago and a 1930s Alafa Romeo, but I won't be starting these until later in the year.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks again guys and gal I am quite pleased with the end result (and thats unusual for me) she must have been an awesome sight, I wonder how many just surrendered without firing a shot so as not to damage her, its not just the ornamentation she has beautiful lines, so graceful and streamlined I bet she was extreemly unstable in the water though.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a great result. I for one am so glad that you pushed on and didn't give up.

Looks fantastic.

First Name
john
Not keen on anything from France but this as to be an exception to my rule as this looks fantastic and the level of detailing work and patience you've put into this is well in my opinion fantastic well done mate I especially like the cannons.