Heller Soliel Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all i have eyed this model so many times but have been put off by the reviews, apparently it is terribly inaccurate, I think it is a beautiful model but would require skills far beyond mine to correct, for instance the deck is flat so would need to have a camber, easy some would say but that has knock on effects, ok so you camber the deck, all the deck fittings now need to be cambered, apparently the hull is the wrong shape below thevwaterline, easy fix for me do it as a waterline model, apparently there are major faults with the deck structure(I know nothing about a lot of the things they are mentioning) my question is should I buy it knowing how bad it is and knowing I don't have the skills or the knowledge to put it right. However good it turned out would I always look at it and think how rubbish it is, I do love the look of it and how many people would know how wrong it was, I really love the look of this ship, can I have some honest feed back on how bad this kit is.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know nothing about the kit Ken but if you like it that much would the thoughts of some rivet counters stop you from getting it ? It wouldn't bother me I'd just get it and build it to the best of my ability

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
agree with Ian,ken,if you like it,and its a must to you get it build it,and be happy with it, :D

there is always someone who will bring down a build for you,:eek::confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Just checked out a build of this on brittmodeler not going to get it apparently the only good heller ship kit is the victory the soliel royal is way out of my skill level to correct, and I know moni I would always know it would drive me nuts ( unless of course my boss bought it and I would never have to see it again)