Heller Soliel Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
S

steve5

looking really good as usual my friend . I can't remember exactly where I got some oar's , but I'm pretty sure it was through cornwell fitting's , have some pic's if your interested ken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Scott that would be nice, I think they should be easy to make (certainly easier than the ones on my de reale de france)

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Hi all well this kit comeso with no anchors for the boats so I've knocked some up, also there are no oars, I've checked a few builds not of the heller kits and they don't seem to have any either, were they stored below decks or should they be there.
View attachment 154095

View attachment 154096

View attachment 154097

Sorry my build rate has slowed so much, but I get some done when I can fit it in and am not feeling too knackered.
Not a race bud, just do what and when you can

Last edited:
D

dubster72

Now ships aren't my thing at all, although I do like the books of Patrick O'Brien & Douglas Reeman.

But I've just read this thread from the start & I'm amazed! The level of detail and skill involved really does beggar belief. All that hard work & effort is a testament to you Ken.

I'll keep watching from now on, I'm hooked :smiling3:

Cheers

Patrick

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all a tiny update really just to show I'm still on this (I know it's not great but I figure I can remove all the gold and redo it, if and when my mojo returns.
x26o2e.jpg

28gw844.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Amazing work gone into this thus far and the patience of a Saint -_- .....Jim :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work on this one Ken,looking great, :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Why would you want to remove the gold, it looks good to me? Very intricate detail, nicely done so far Ken

First Name
barry
Looking great if you keep showing these i will be tempted to build one.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well since I've finished the 32 ford I'm tentatively back on this, the first thing I noticed(which when I put it away I didn't was the jib was quite a bit off centre, no amount of gentle twisting would straighten it so I bit my lip and cut it off.

14kis85.jpg

rhtpwh.jpg

11b2ono.jpg

eqv2hd.jpg

The guilding on the top rails was rubbish so that's been given another go, still not happy with it but will live with it for now also added a bit more deck furniture.

2j107rk.jpg

o54znk.jpg

am848h.jpg

2qir6gz.jpg

Removed some of the wash from the transom sort of better we will just have to see how I feel after I've lived with it for a while, I may still strip it, I'm feeling better about it anyway.

D

Deleted member 4539

I know you have put a lot of work into this and that there is heck of a lot to go.

keep up the good work.

S

steve5

good to see you back on her my friend , as usual doing a great job .

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the wood color looks great,and the rest as well,nice to see you back at the old girl, :D

please say you did not use,these things to cut the mast, O.o

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another little update, that mast is not glued in yet just positioned to see the effect, I've seen where people do the ratlines on the upper masts before atattching the mast, to me it looks easier than having to try it whilst attached to the ship. 
okcqvd.jpg

20gd3ig.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that looks good in my eyes,nice going, :D

S

steve5

I did mine while attached to the ship , then again I didn't know any better , look's good though , good luck with , what ever way you go ken

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this is certainly leagues more complex and detailed than any ship I've built not sure I'm upto rigging this, for instance all the pulleys attached it the mast and crows nest, I've barely started on this one mast, I take my hat off to Steve, not sure I will stick the course, I've not found an easy way to tie the pulleys. The 4von this mast took 2 hours and a lot of swearing.

2lo3h5g.jpg

juwq6x.jpg

2cprn2e.jpg

S

steve5

don't let frustration get to you mate , just enjoy the process , you will feel good in yourself when you finish .