Hello from France

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
Bonjour mon ami et bienvenue!

Isn't Google translate just brilliant!!

Miko (I can speak some Swedish, secondary school French and have been struggling with learning Japanese for a few years)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELCOME Michel on board this wonderfull forum you wil find plenty of help here as they are a great bunch of guys an gals an no question is stupid so ask away an if we can help you we will
chrisb

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome to the forum,
The guys in the auto section will be pleased they have another member, and we are pleased to add yet another member to our international members.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Welcome Michel great forum here :smiling3: I lived in France for 8 years running a fishery I owned in a place called Chéronnac (87) about an hour from Limoges

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome .

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Welcome from another "international member", Michel.
Demandez et quelqu'un vous répondra! :thumb2: (I can read French but my writing skills are very... oxidées ;))

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s nothing Miko. In Italian, sherry trifle is called English Soup…..

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
That’s nothing Miko. In Italian, sherry trifle is called English Soup…..
Not 100% exact. What we call "zuppa inglese", which literally translates into "English soup" but shares no DNA with a proper soup, is a layered cold dessert made with a sponge cake or savoiardi biscuits base soaked in alkermes (a red liquor) covered with layers of custard cream (crème anglaise in French or crema pasticcera in Italian) and chocolate custard (a custard cream with cocoa powder mixed in it); no fruit as in the sherry trifle.

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
Not 100% exact. What we call "zuppa inglese", which literally translates into "English soup" but shares no DNA with a proper soup, is a layered cold dessert made with a sponge cake or savoiardi biscuits base soaked in alkermes (a red liquor) covered with layers of custard cream (crème anglaise in French or crema pasticcera in Italian) and chocolate custard (a custard cream with cocoa powder mixed in it); no fruit as in the sherry trifle.

I really don't mind what it's called, I just want some!

Miko (certainly more appetizing then a certain Danish confectionery!)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Never tried that, but think I would love it Andy. It seems pretty close to trifle. I’ve just tried the ice cream version, which is delicious! It’s probably the liquor that gives it the trifle flavour :thumb2: :thumb2: