Hello from Graham

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Hi everyone
Just joined this forum, came across by complete accident, but like the look and content.
Pre-dreadnaught warships and WWII ‘small ships’, plus WWI armoured vehicles, also ‘Toons’ for a little light relief!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Graham. Jump right in, the waters lovely……interested to see your pre Dreadnought ships.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... and it's a warm welcome from me too Graham :smiling3:
I look forward to seeing you around the parish ;)
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome to the madhouse Graham!

Not the usual kits we see on here..... Please share some of your work!

All the best.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Graham,
welcome to the forum! Loads of friendly advice and banter here - odd you should say pre-dreadnought, I'm going to post an Inbox review of HobbyBoss's HMS Agamemnon shortly. I'm having to do reviews only at the moment, because of a temporary hand problem. I've made the Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov in the past, and the Zvezda Varyag & the Revell Dresden are in the stash. Sounds like we've similar tastes, as I've made WWI tanks, and have a few WWII destroyers etc hanging around!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome to the greatest forum going (yes we’re a little biased) you’ll soon find out its true though
Doesn't mean it's not the truth though Mick!

BigGrandad

Comfortably Numb
First Name
Graham
Graham,
welcome to the forum! Loads of friendly advice and banter here - odd you should say pre-dreadnought, I'm going to post an Inbox review of HobbyBoss's HMS Agamemnon shortly. I'm having to do reviews only at the moment, because of a temporary hand problem. I've made the Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov in the past, and the Zvezda Varyag & the Revell Dresden are in the stash. Sounds like we've similar tastes, as I've made WWI tanks, and have a few WWII destroyers etc hanging around!
Dave
Doesn't mean it's not the truth though Mick!
Hi Dave
yes I am halfway through the Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov but can’t make my mind up as to how much I detail it up, what did you think of the kit itself, it seems a bit basic compared to other manufacturers. I have a Bronco Chen Yuen completed which I thought was a bit better. Mind you I have mainly built 1/350 WWII ‘small ships’ from Black Cat, Mike at Starling Models and Peter at Atlantic and these are all superb with both PE and 3D painted parts, the ‘dogs whatsits’!
Will try and get some pics up shortly. Look forward to your review of Agammemnon, want to try a HobbyBoss kit in the near future.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Graham, welcome aboard to a great site

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi Dave
yes I am halfway through the Zvezda Knyaz Suvorov but can’t make my mind up as to how much I detail it up, what did you think of the kit itself, it seems a bit basic compared to other manufacturers. I have a Bronco Chen Yuen completed which I thought was a bit better. Mind you I have mainly built 1/350 WWII ‘small ships’ from Black Cat, Mike at Starling Models and Peter at Atlantic and these are all superb with both PE and 3D painted parts, the ‘dogs whatsits’!
Will try and get some pics up shortly. Look forward to your review of Agammemnon, want to try a HobbyBoss kit in the near future.
The KS a bit basic and really needs some PE to bring it up. I like to waterline my models & seascape the larger ones, so that adds interest. Talking of basic - the 1/400 Potemkin, and Aurora, originally by Heller & reboxed by numerous others are almost 'toons' in their simplicity!
I hope to post the review of the Agamemnon tomorrow.......
Dave

Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the nut house Graham. You'll fit right in....lots of "floaty boaty" types on here. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Chen Yuen is fantastic Graham. Great build and an excellent seascape. Suvarov is coming along splendidly as well. What an introduction :thumb2: