Hello from Virginia

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I think I'd even like the more modern Dragon kits fine.
Not sure when it comes to their Shermans, but then, I haven’t built many of them, but the experience I do have with them was never overly positive. My own preference for Shermans is Asuka, who have a good range of well-detailed models, probably the best Sherman kits you can get.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome to the forum Nick.
I will not rattle on about what a great forum this is, as this has been covered above by other members. Did they mention the different categories that are on here from armour (armor) to trucks to dioramas, and we cater for every taste - at least the legal ones, for the others you have to see Matron....
We seem to be developing a trend of colonials trying to return to the old country via the back door via our forum, but we are keeping an eye open for you....
Our Sherman man is the humble Jakko, who can set you on the correct path and would be joined by many other like minded members. I of course have one built Sherman :upside:, and five in the unbuilt stash, so my experience stops there, and like you it was Dragon that put me off.
We love our humour and none of it is directed to any member, but to life and the effect life has had on us.
We do enjoy seeing photos of the work carried out by members and especially JR's as he has a tendancy to enjoy the pyro effect so we like to get in early with his builds and pray for the best.
No one is critical, except in a constructive way, and a lot can be learned, so drop in and enjoy not only the modelling but the chat as well, and above all do not be afraid to ask a question but only on modelling, as we are unsure how many of us arrived on this planet, let alone the forum...
Mike

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Welcome Nick .Nice forum. Full of help should you need any and with out any smart a**** making stupid remarks .

Excuse the interruption.

Think it was 1648 ! Certainly feel like it at times Lee.;):smiling2:
I knew it was one of those years Lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi nick welcome to the forum , great to have you . You say we were well spoken of , good to hear that , we must be doing something right ! Have a good look round the forum and ask away anything youre not sure about , cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
We (Yanks) remember an old cry "The British are coming!" I suppose you could take up the cry.. "The Colonials are coming!"
Your comment reminds me of this Nick…..taken from one of my favourite films….and I think we are both all the better for it :thumb2: Oh, and welcome to the booby hatch :tongue-out3: