Help needed - very basic aircraft diorama

S

snapper41

I want to put a couple of my aircraft models on a simple diorama base, and am wondering what material to use for an aircraft hardstand? I've seen lots of pics simulating concrete slabs - how is it done??

B

Bunkerbarge

Cardboard or even heavy paper is quite popular. Cardboard you simply score before adding weathering effect and paper you can either score or cut into pieces.

Tarmac can be easily simulated with a piece of fine wet and dry paper suitably weathered to give it some texture. I've used it in the past as road surface for model motorcycles.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
As richard has said cardboard is very good , in fact i think someone even markets pre printed card ,with the concrete slabs and taxi markings already done. Another option is just a small piece of mdf or similar sprayed grey and joints drawn on with pencil or marker , them muckied up and weathered with some skid marks (!!) it worked for me when i needed to put one of mine on a little base (because i forgot to put the nose weight in ,so HAD to glue the nosewheel down!!DOH!!) see what you think , cheers tony

View attachment 31693

View attachment 31694

View attachment 31695

P1040113 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040112 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040111 [Desktop Resolution].JPG