Help required.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Chaps,
Just a quickie from me! I`m part way through building the elements for a British AA station Diorama,one thing i haven`t been able to source is a Searchlight,which would`ve been sited near to the AA Gun itself.
Can anyone suggest a kit of a 1/35th Searchlight please?...... Otherwise i`ll have to scratch one,which i would do,but prefer if i don`t have to!!
Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions in advance :thumb2: ,
Cheers,
Andy

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy, the only ones I know of are german AFV is the only plastic kit I;ve seen the others are Resin regards Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Indeed. Try Hauler. They do a 1/72 version of a German one, so they might do a Brit one. They are NOT cheap though....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy, the only ones I know of are german AFV is the only plastic kit I;ve seen the others are Resin regards Jim
Thanks very much Jim :thumb2: ,i`ll have a comparison between the German and British examples and see what`s involved to convert.
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Indeed. Try Hauler. They do a 1/72 version of a German one, so they might do a Brit one. They are NOT cheap though....
Cheers Andrew,i`ll check them out in a bit:smiling:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Wow Gary,thanks very much,that`s a very cool site:cool:!
It would be a nice added touch to be able to actually light the scene up,which that 20" light could do:thumb2:.
As this is a nautical one I`ll check what Diameter the AA ones were,to make sure it`d have been powerful enough.
Cheers,
Andy
I bet many sites had whatever they could borrow beg steal at the beginning of the war

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I bet many sites had whatever they could borrow beg steal at the beginning of the war
Very true Gary,actually,i`m so taken by the look of that one i think i`ll get one anyway!
If i don`t end up using it on my Dio then i`m sure it`ll be used at some point soon!
Andy