Help with car choice

K

Kai

I am trying to build a little dio for a friend of ours (me and the wife).

She had a misshap in her car she turned it over and landed in a field on the way home from work one day. Now as you can guess she walked away un-hurt but does tend to get a little ribbing over this. She had a Rover 45 so just looking for a kit that is close somthing like a rally car without all the stickers , anyway it will be on its roof in a field this is going to be a present for her.

So who knows what kits there are out there that are close'ish

suggestions please.

F

Fenlander

I believe this has been asked on here before and no one knew of any, I doubt thinks have changed that much Kai.

B

backonthecase

Rik, I believe what you'd need to is to find an MG ZS rally or Touring Car (probably diecast) as this is based on the Rover 45/400 series and reverse engineer it to the 45/400 shape. I did some looking into this a few years ago as I used to own a beast of a Rover 420i and wanted to model it but all I could find were the odd MG ZS die cast one.

Let us know how you get on, I for one would be interested to see this.

HTH

Stuart

M

m1ks

As said before, several people had a good dig around when you last asked and it appears theres nothing at all in a plastic kit.

As Stuart says, the best bet is a diecast.

K

Kai

Sorry I think I worded it a little wrong I did ask and yes there is not a rover 45 model I just got to thinking today after seeing the rally cars from tamiya ,, hmm would one of those look right?

I have never made a normal car as such just tanks and aircraft so was not sure how a rally car would look or if it would look right for the scean. Sorry for the confusion I did not mean to ask the same question again but I could have worded it better

M

m1ks

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to take a photo of the car type you want and compare that against the range of available cars in a local hobby store in that case?

If it's something that looks similar then maybe you'll find something suitable, I can't think of any as i'm not that familiar with modern car models

B

backonthecase

An option for a car that would need only a little modification, is a Honda Civic. At a certain time, the chassis and bodywork was the same as the rover 400, only fittings and lights etc were different. Might be a good starting point.

Sorry I can't find any pics on google images as I think it was only the UK that received this version.

Stuart

F

Fenlander

You are not far wrong Stuart. The fifth and sixth generation Civic does have a similar shape to the Rover 400. Wikipedia has the pics here just scroll down a bit.

K

Kai

by jove I think you have it wow fantstic thank you , and again sorry for not wording things better lol but a big thank you for the help you have given me

B

backonthecase

\ said:
You are not far wrong Stuart. The fifth and sixth generation Civic does have a similar shape to the Rover 400. Wikipedia has the pics here just scroll down a bit.
Yeah there is one that is identical chassis bodywork though but yeah the Civic is probably what you're after!

Stuart