Hi from Glasgow

Pietrach

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pawel
Hi All
This is my second attempt to say hello as I think I breached some rules the first time round. Apologies.
I used to do moulded plastic models (I think this is how they are called) when I was a teenager, primarily military ones, but have not tried this hobby for a long time now.
I am originally from Poland, but live in Glasgow for nearly as long as I did in Poland.
Hi everyone.
Pawel

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi and welcome Pawel. Do you have a Polish/Glaswegian accent? Or is it a Glaswegian/Polish accent.
Anyway, enjoy the site, a real friendly bunch if not a bit errrrrr. eccentric in places with a few drops of madness thrown in. It does help.

Pietrach

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pawel
Hi and welcome Pawel. Do you have a Polish/Glaswegian accent? Or is it a Glaswegian/Polish accent.
Anyway, enjoy the site, a real friendly bunch if not a bit errrrrr. eccentric in places with a few drops of madness thrown in. It does help.
Thank you for a lovely welcome. Unfortunately I am unbelievably resistant to adopting accents. Nearing 20y here and still strong Polish accent. Lost hope ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Pawel, welcome. Thank goodness this is typed in English. If it were spoken in PolishWegian accent I'd go bonkers trying to make out what you say. Plastic modeling doesn't involve accents thankfully.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Pawel.

Pietrach

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pawel
Hi Pawel, welcome. Thank goodness this is typed in English. If it were spoken in PolishWegian accent I'd go bonkers trying to make out what you say. Plastic modeling doesn't involve accents thankfully.

Cheers,
Wabble
Nae bother pal :smiling3: It is when my kids correct my English (Scottish?) or better... when I cannot understand what they are saying. I still beat them at Polish.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Pawel!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I used to do moulded plastic models (I think this is how they are called) when I was a teenager, primarily military ones, but have not tried this hobby for a long time now.
I am originally from Poland
I have to ask: did you cut your teeth on Spójnia’s bright blue 7TP, or are you just too young for that? :smiling3: I got two of those in trade from a Polish modeller before the Iron Curtain fell, and oddly, have fond memories of them :smiling3:

Pietrach

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pawel
I have to ask: did you cut your teeth on Spójnia’s bright blue 7TP, or are you just too young for that? :smiling3: I got two of those in trade from a Polish modeller before the Iron Curtain fell, and oddly, have fond memories of them :smiling3:
A bit too young for that. In 1987 I was 6y. My memories are with US fighter jets F14 & F18 a Sea King, F4U Corsair and several others I dont remember. I was probably 12-14y old and believe me the quality of my work was far from good.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ah, yes, by that time “Western” kits would have been much easier to come by in Poland than in the late 80s. The person I got the 7TP kits in trade from, was after Tamiya and Italeri kits which were very hard to get otherwise at the time, while for me those were just a trip to the model shop away.

Last edited:

Pietrach

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pawel
Ah, yes, by that time “Western” kits would have been much easier to come by in Poland than in the late 80s. The person I got the 7PT kits in trade from, was after Tamiya and Italeri kits which were very hard to get otherwise at the time, while for me those were just a trip to the model shop away.
Precisely. By the time I started it was mid 90s and as you said - a trip to the shop. It was predominantly Italeri and Revell for me. Still remember it was a highlight of a month when dad used to take me there to pick a model and a set of paints. Great times.