HMS Amagenon, a mojo buster, i hope!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good Bob. Glad you are making progress on these floating fortresses. Nicely detailed kit as well.
Something I’ve often wondered with these though is when would they use all those Pom poms on the turrets and decks? I assume they are all for torpedo boat defence, they couldn’t damage anything else after all, but who would be the poor gimps detailed to climb on top of the turrets in the middle of an action to fire them….
Bet there trousers would be blown off and a perfect cure for constipation. What a idea!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
There's a ladder on the turret and a shield was added later. Bet that improved things? Totally bazaar idea but lots of ships had the same idea. Did they get the gun crew off the turret roof before the main gun let rip or quick method blow em off

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
There's a ladder on the turret and a shield was added later. Bet that improved things? Totally bazaar idea but lots of ships had the same idea. Did they get the gun crew off the turret roof before the main gun let rip or quick method blow em off
Compression wave off those twelve inches must have been pretty impressive. I know the firing tests on Yamato literally vaporised the Guinea pigs caged by the guns to see what effect it would have.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Compression wave off those twelve inches must have been pretty impressive. I know the firing tests on Yamato literally vaporised the Guinea pigs caged by the guns to see what effect it would have.
Cruel buggers, they could have used Tojo instead. I have heard of a story of a sailor who stepped on deck just as a main gun was fired, he woke up naked in one of the ships boats lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A return and what a build Bob, bet your please to be back in circulation .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John, I blame the b**dy phone, it came very close to being adjusted in a vice!
Bob I agree but a better way would be
iu
:smiling2::nerd:

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Trust you to add the "fireworks" JR!.....nice buiild so far Mr. Bob, stay well and Moggle on!! :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks as if things are posting fine now Bob.
She's building up and starting to look like the monster she was.
You have no idea how relieved I am about that.....I was beginning to run out of ideas..... And the keyboard change was pretty much the last thing I thought might be the problem!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Trust you to add the "fireworks" JR!.....nice buiild so far Mr. Bob, stay well and Moggle on!! :thumb2:
Cheers Rick, will do sir
Looks as if things are posting fine now Bob.
She's building up and starting to look like the monster she was.
It's a lump Jim and it's testing me a treat!

You have no idea how relieved I am about that.....I was beginning to run out of ideas..... And the keyboard change was pretty much the last thing I thought might be the problem!
Still working Andrew!!!