HMS NORFOLK F230 in DRYDOCK for MAINTENANCE an A REFIT

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well its been nr a year since she lastly sailed an i cant get on with TIGER due to waiting for parts to come.So i thought i had better use my time on getting NORFOLK ready to sail again as when she last sailed some lights had failed an one of my boaty mate said why dont you fit a servo morph on her hangar door as it was workin to fast. As well as she was covered in dust so the first job was clean her up with a dry paint brush an hover to suck up the dust an in the first pics she is all stripped down with her S/S all laid aside IMG_5505.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An while i got her stripped out i thought i would check her main no1. eletronics bay for any lose wires an check the fuses in the fuse box as some time the fuses blades go rusty after standin when she has been sailing on the wet stuffIMG_5507.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here the NO.1 MAIN BATTERY BAY
to power the motors come engines as there is two seperate eletronic systems in her NO.1 12V POWER for the MOTORS come ENGINES an NO.2 12V POWER for all sub systems such as SERVO'S an LIGHTS an RADAR MOTOR AN HELO but these will all go through a power reducer down to 6V IMG_5508.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Next up is a pic of the SMOKE UNIT water tank bay with a fan fitted to blow the water mist up out of the funnel's an also can be seen the yellow pushrods to work the stabilizers workin from the rudders mountingsIMG_5509.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Here the MOTORS come ENGINES BAY with their CAMBELT DRIVE'S an they are three to one rartio to give the prop shafts more toughe an power to the PROPS an the MOTOR'S have been fitted out with COOLIN FANS fitted on the MOTOR'S TOP'S as they were gettin very hot when she was sailin An NO.2 BATT BAY to power sub systemsIMG_5510.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NXT UP is the E.S.C to power an controll the MOTORS BAY an also beside it is the SMOKE UNIT eletronics unit as this unit converts the 12v feed into it an out come is 24V to power the water mist unit for the smoke lookalike an TIGER will hopefully have all these units an more fitted into her by the time she is finished IMG_5511.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Man alive that looks complicated!!!! Looks like the insides of a nuke that James Bond has to diffuse With only seconds to spare!
Very, very impressive.
Cheers
Paul

HI Paul THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS as it is a bit complex but thankfully this wont go BANG LOL :smiling4::thumb2:
Chris