Hobby Boss M4 High Speed Tractor (90mm)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This tractor is looking awesome. Keep up the great work Graham this will be special.

Cheers

P

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Now I wish I'd kept the one I used to have! That looks really good. I sold mine 'cos I wanted to show it with a cannon - but I couldn't find one suitable! They do another version of this for the 8" gun which is available, but I couldn't find any 90mm guns.

First Name
Aaron
Looking good mate, are you going to add a tarp too the rear compartment?

L

Leighbo

Great progress, Looks good, be great to see this in situ on the diorama. I've had one of these in my stash for years now, I've been toying with the idea of putting it with the long Tom or an 88m flak with it but unfortunately it is still sitting there gathering dust! Your dio may be the inspiration I need!

F

Fenlander

Great progress, Looks good, be great to see this in situ on the diorama. I've had one of these in my stash for years now, I've been toying with the idea of putting it with the long Tom or an 88m flak with it but unfortunately it is still sitting there gathering dust! Your dio may be the inspiration I need!

All I can say is build it. It is a great kit, loads of potential for super detailing if you want and it really does not need a gun behind it. I have seen a picture of one towing sn 88 though so that would be interesting.

F

Fenlander

Little bit more done, it is all the slow small details now.  Had a go at a tarp over the back box but I wanted it to look as though it was covering boxes of stuff.  Not brilliant but we all have to start somewhere lol.

The engine all plumbed in.

WP_20160514_17_05_26_Pro.jpg

Tools on, and still a few small details then it can be varnished up ready for the decals

WP_20160514_21_05_20_Pro.jpg

D

dubster72

I too think it looks really good Graham - a bit of drybrushing will give it that authentic look

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The tractor is really coming together. Very nicely done.

Do you have an artillery piece for this (Long Tom perhaps)?

cheers

Paul

F

Fenlander

The tractor is really coming together. Very nicely done.

Do you have an artillery piece for this (Long Tom perhaps)?

cheers

Paul

No Paul.  It is being built for a fairly small base so there will be no room.  This is the wrong back box for the Long Tom, this is the 90mm AA version, a gun which hardly exists in 1/35, in fact I believe there is only one kit available and not that easy to get.  I will more than likely get the other version and the gun to go with it to do another as this is such a great kit.

First Name
Gwyn
well done Graham I have enjoyed this build so far. I can't wait to see the finished Diorama.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is the wrong back box for the Long Tom, this is the 90mm AA version, a gun which hardly exists in 1/35, in fact I believe there is only one kit available and not that easy to get.

Silly me should have read the title!

Found the resin version from Commander Models $80 + shipping from the US.

http://ironshipwrights.com/armor/90mm.html

Still this lovely looking tractor will look just as impressive on it's own or in the small id you describe.

Cheers

P

L

Leighbo

Nice progress, as far as the gun I know which picture you mean towing the 88mm and I think that would make a corking scene! Keep up the good work , :D