Hobbyboss IDF Merkava iv with Trophy Protection System

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

As Paul said you could try sandpaper..... it's commonly used by wargamers.

Alternatively, if you have any black roofing felt lying around you could use that - that is what I do.

Have a look here you'll see a wargaming YouTuber does it along with my interpretation:
https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/andrew-and-juniors-wargaming-roads.33701/

I still have a lot kicking around and could quite easily send you an A4'ish sized piece. If you like the look of it send me a PM.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The problem with sandpaper is that it has the texture the wrong way round: small, pretty regular bumps above the surface, rather than small, random recesses in it like on an asphalt surface. I think I would use plaster, preferably slightly lumpy, and sand it to be almost smooth once it’s hardened.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
whilst I summon up the courage to have a crack at a road I've been busying myself with a bit of weathering..

just some gentle steaking/ dust effects on the side skirts and some chipping around the rest of the high points..

IMG_5903 (1).jpg

IMG_5904 (1).jpg

IMG_5906 (1).jpg

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
and another update, been busy so I haven't been able to get back to the bench for a while, however a few days ago I threw some DAS clay at a picture frame and came up with this......

As I'm posting this the base is currently drying after a splash around with some oil washes to deepen the contrasts a bit..

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well, it's been nearly four months since this was started, And I'm finally calling it finished..

Just a Quick pic for now...there's more in the 'Completed Armoured Vehicles' thread....here... Merkava

IMG_6153.jpg