Hobbyboss Paints.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Scoured the internet looking for conversion charts for Hobbyboss to Vallejo and have come up with Zilch.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Doug

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Re the colour, there is an H next to a box with a number on a white background next to a number on a black background!! I assumed the H was for Hobby boss. Now you say that I’m wondering if Humbrol or Mr Hobby?????
Life’s too complicated at the moment!!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Mr Hobby I think.
It is, and the number with an H and/or in a light box is Mr. Aqueous; one with a C and/or in a blue or dark box is Mr. Hobby — you usually see them appear together like this:

Mr. Hobby and Mr. Aqueous colour numbers.jpeg

This is important to know so you don’t accidentally get the wrong number, like above, because for a lot of colours —but not all — these ranges have different numbers even if the actual colour is the same.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
:thumb2: It is, and the number with an H and/or in a light box is Mr. Aqueous; one with a C and/or in a blue or dark box is Mr. Hobby — you usually see them appear together like this:

View attachment 504649

This is important to know so you don’t accidentally get the wrong number, like above, because for a lot of colours —but not all — these ranges have different numbers even if the actual colour is the same.
Just like that.
Thank you too Jakko.

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It is, and the number with an H and/or in a light box is Mr. Aqueous; one with a C and/or in a blue or dark box is Mr. Hobby — you usually see them appear together like this:

View attachment 504649

That is really useful. So much so, I screen-grabbed it for future reference. Thanks :thumb2:

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
Mr Hobby I think.
Yep, Mr Hobby for sure

mr_hobby_colour_chart_1024x1024.jpg