I got one! I'm in!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yes! I finally managed to get hold of an FW 190 so I can join the GB.

There was a power cut at work today so everyone got sent home. Although I'm totally gutted, I felt it would be better to get on with some modelling stuff rather than moping around the house trying to hide my disappointment at not being able to work.:sobbing:

Anyway, I've been out shopping and got a base for my diorama. I managed to scrounge a couple of welding rods from work before I left so I can make the frame. My 'plane should arrive tomorrow and I've already got the picture of what I want to try and build so I'm all set to go!

And now, just to save me from further moping around, I'm going to go and do some more work on my Flak 38 and Demag.

Yippee! Roll on April 1.

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done. I've finally got something ordered. That countdown at the top of the page put the you know whats up me and made me get my finger out. I'll be starting on the second with a bit of luck!

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice one Gern. I've got to get my finger out, went to get the 190 today but something came up so looks like next week now. And yes i'm back, we've been upside down for a week as we've had new windows and my computer got the flu. Anyways back on topic, looking forward to the first Scale Models GB.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

Just to repeat, it is not a requirement that you start on the 01/04/2011, only that you don't start before it. No need to panic, love the timer though, it makes me nervous as I have not got a kit yet and I will not be here on the first. Just hope I can get some internet signal on my Netbook where we are going, I couldn't last year but we are nearer the North west corner this time so may be a bit better. The only place I could get a signal last year was at the top of Snowdon, the last place I would have thought it possible lol.

T

tonyb6000

Gern, I think we've had the same idea! I changed my mind because it looked too hard. I might be well off, but good luck!

Tony B

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi dave , glad to hear you got one in the end, although the mind boggles how welding rods come into it ( or maybe even frogmen?!! )ive also got my chosen victim , an old monogram 1/48 fw190a-5 . So are you going to keep us in suspense till apr 1 or let us in on the "cunning plan" , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What "cunning plan"?

All I did was type FW 190 into Google images and scroll through 'til I found something I liked. There's nowt "cunning" about that.

I believe I've mentioned I used to write crosswords to satisfy the sadistic side of my nature? Well I don't have time to do them anymore, so guess what I'm gonna do to scratch that particular itch ......

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

Gern

PS Tony - I hope that doesn't mean you've pulled out of the GB altogether?!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I got an e-mail from my plastic pusher telling me that my kits have arrived. Well almost. He had Ordered the wrong one. I asked him to get hold of a 190 a and a 190 D. He got two 190A's

And I still cant decide which one I want!!!

Hope he can get the 190D in time...