I have discovered toilet paper

T

tecdes

\ said:
Amazing, we go from Izal medicated toilet paper to beef dripping in one thread!
Think Richard you got that one the wrong way around.

Dripping first Izal ..............

Laurie

S

Stevekir

I remember, above all else, Malt, and Senna Pods, the latter soaked in a jar until it turned brown.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just as good a beef dripping, that wonderful jelly from a roast chicken....Hmmm

T

tecdes

Spot on Ian. Now what about delicious bit of the old pork crackling (is that the way you spell it ? )

Wow I am going to dream of food tonight. What a long night it will be.

Think I will finish with jelly & blancmange.

Laurie

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
You guys are making me hungry. Talking of malt makes me think of malt loaf, I'm going to have to get some tomorrow now. Mmmm, love that stuff, thickly spread with butter.

Tony.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Steve what di you use Malt & Senna Pods ?Laurie
You mean you don't know?! Never been force-fed with these? You obviously did not go to a boarding school. I did, because my parents were trapped in Burmah during the war until they fled in 1942 to India.

Malt is/was a brown extremely viscous and sticky extract of something malt-like (whatever that is) which was said to be essential for boys provided it was taken once a week, a very big spoonful. It was difficult to swallow and stuck to the teeth. Can't remember its taste, rather yucky.

Senna pods involved the other end, being a laxative. Then, it was believed a scouring-out of the innards was important, about every fortnight. Doctor's used to frown and bark "Have you opened your bowels today?" Senna is a plant which produced a flat pod with seeds which was supplied dried. It was soaked in water for a few days. I remember it sitting on the bathroom window, turning a gungy brown colour (I can see it now). When dark enough after several days it was ready. A dose consisted of about a cupfull of the most disgusting fluid. You can get senna tablets today in a chemist. Try soaking them in water for a while then drinking. It will give you a taste of what I went through (or rather what went through me!). So now you know what you escaped. And you also know now the varied worlds a hobby can take you to.

S

Stevekir

You are right: toilet paper shreds fibres too much and tends to disintegrate. I do a lot of cleaning up and my problem is that I am too mean to pay the price of kitchen paper, (I come from Aberdeen!). I have some Aldi jumbo rolls which are quite good, and will try the pound shop.