Ian M's HMS HOOD. Trumpeter 1/200

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
that will give me headache to much painting have to have dinner breaks in between and tea breaks, very nice love it, need the hole garden to biuld that not a room infact a dock yard that's big enough for it :D:D

Last edited:
T

Trekkie_John

Looking forward to this build Ian (popcorn and chair ready).

Have fun, John

R

Rik101

Hmm, you have room in that for motors, battery and radio gear in that beastie! ;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ach! Dinna fash yersel' John. Ian's no spavie an' has the hiddlins o' modellin' so this won't be goin' doon the cludgie! I'm fair boggin to see it finished mesel'!

So what was it this year, The Broon's or Oor Wullie?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
WOW,:confused:
she is huge ,

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So what was it this year, The Broon's or Oor Wullie?

Ye're talkin' blethers mon! Ha' ye been at the special sheep liniment and got yersel' so pished ye dinna recognize Feegle?!

F

Fenlander

Good grief but that makes the Bismarck look tiny!!! Might have to get a 1/35 USS Iowa with a full set of figures for the crew..........

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOL. I did get the most of the banter, it was just the single word that threw me.
I would have made a suitable reply in Danish, but you'll just pop it in Google translate!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Interessant som alt det med lokalt dialekter er, kan vi prøve at kom lidt tilbage på emnet.
Der er skal I huske mange på dette forum som fatter ikke en brik af det i skriver.<
Og jo jeg ved hvad Jings betyder, den er en fordrejning af Jingo som started midt 1800 årstallet.
Desuden har jeg slet ikke tænkte mig at koge mit hoved!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Interessant som alt det med lokalt dialekter er, kan vi prøve at kom lidt tilbage på emnet.
Der er skal I huske mange på dette forum som fatter ikke en brik af det i skriver.<
Og jo jeg ved hvad Jings betyder, den er en fordrejning af Jingo som started midt 1800 årstallet.
Desuden har jeg slet ikke tænkte mig at koge mit hoved!

Yes. Danish and some Scottish dialects can sound similar.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes. Danish and some Scottish dialects can sound similar
Yes indeed. There are in fact several words in Scottish that are Danish words. one that springs to mind is the Danish word for Church. Kirk, which I believe is what the Scotts call them too.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes indeed. There are in fact several words in Scottish that are Danish words. one that springs to mind is the Danish word for Church. Kirk, which I believe is what the Scotts call them too.

If you've ever been to the Western Isles you'd think they were speaking English with a Scandinavian accent.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
F

Fenlander

Just been having a read of the Hood Associations evaluation of this kit... http://www.hmshood.com/hoodtoday/models/trumpeter/trumpeter200.htm
Looks like there might be a bit of hacking and scratching. I'm not sure I would consider all the corrections, but I might address a few of the more obvious eye sores.

Don't get too sucked into the accuracy debate Ian. No model is 100% accurate, it is a model for the pleasure of building it not a reference piece. Most models are an amalgamation of how the ship looked through various refits so it depends on the stage of development it was at the time you want to depict it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know what you mean Graham I must admit that I just went on to find the right shade of grey. When I saw just how much you could do to the model I was a bit gobsmacked. And to read that Trumpeter basicaly told The Hood association to bugger off was also rather amusing. As I wrote before I might just take some of the real blinders and let the super detailing be. I will probably address the missing post holes, the missing rear anchor opening in the stern. The put the one on the deck, forgot the one in the hull !?
I have tried the super detailing lark on a boat before. darn thing still not done and now in a box in the stables as it got rather beat up in the move.
I might open the portholes and windows though. Think it might look rather good with some lights in...... :eek: