Intoducing new member: Skuta

S

Skuta

Hi everybody

Would just like to say it's a pleasure to be here! I've been sneaking around on the forum a few days and then decided that you seem like a freindly bunch, so I joined. I've been building models since my childhood, mainly boats. I've had a break for about 10 years, mostly due to work and family, but now I'm back. I've been rumaging around in all my boxes and it's amazing what I found. I mean we modellers are a bit mad, saving all kinds of bits and pieces.

If anyone is wondering about my name; it's a Swedish word that means "old sailing boat". I've been living in Sweden for the past 18 years.

T

Tailspin14

Welcome, Skuta.... I actually thought it might be a play on Scooter. We are a pretty friendly bunch. Glad to have you aboard!!

Bob

S

Skuta

Thanks Bob!

I've just found out how to show my real name and how to fix the signature. Just have to find a nice picture like your's.

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Gary,

We are glad to have you here, I think you will really enjoy it here, there are alot of people who model boats here, both static and R/C.

If you have any photo of your work, we'd love to see em', in the meantime, besure to check out the galleries of the various members of the group.

Again, we are glad ya found us.

Have a good day,

Greg

S

Skuta

Thanks Greg,

At the moment I'm still figuring out my profile. When I,ve done that I'll figure out how to upload some photos. should I post them in the Gallery?

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Good to have you here Skuta always nice to welcome new members, I like the picture of Emelie if you have any more feel free to share them :smiling3:

S

Skuta

Hi John,

Wow! what a reception! It looks like my evening is going to be taken up with saying thanks to everyone who welcomes me. One thing is puzzling me; how did you know that my Sailing Barge model is called Emelie?

T

Tailspin14

Hi John,Wow! what a reception! It looks like my evening is going to be taken up with saying thanks to everyone who welcomes me. One thing is puzzling me; how did you know that my Sailing Barge model is called Emelie?
I think it was the title Thames Sailing Barge "Emelie" that gave it away!!:dancing1:

And yes, she is a beautiful model!!!

Bob

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Skuta and a very warm welcome to the Scale Models forum. We seem to have collected a fair amount of tutorials, build threads, hints and tips and pictures over the years to make up into a pretty reasonable resource.

Enjoy your time here, feel free to ask any question you want, and post your own pictures and experiences when you feel like it.

S

Skuta

Hi Richard

Thanks to you and all the others that have welcomed me onboard. One thing I was wondering about is all these stars and titles and small bars that some of you have after your'e nickname. I can see that I've got "Hi I'm new" so I assume it is some sort of rank. Anyway what's a moderater? Sorry about the stupid questions but this is all new to me. How the hell am I going to get any model building done when I'm here, even worse coz I can only type with two fingers!!

R

rjwood_uk

Sorry for the late welcome Skuta. I see you are already enjoying your time here so no need to say that. I hope you can share your model building with us, and of course if your ever stuck feel free to ask as many questions as you like and someone will be able to answer or point you in the right direction!

these "stars" dont really mean much. you currently have 2 and "Hi I'm New", i think after 10 posts it goes up to 5 stars and "Scale-model Member"

The guys with "Moderator" under their name...are moderators. (you will also notice their names are in red and not black like other peoples. Moderators moderate the site, they make sure nobody is being nast or posting inapropriate posts. they can also move posts and delete them. John is the founder/webmaster/head honcho/boss/guv...what ever you want to call him. his name is in Blue and has "Founder" under his name

Founder - John

Moderators - Wonwinglo, Bunkerbarge, Bluewavestudios and Adzam.

this is a nice system as some forums you have to post over 100 just to become a "frequent poster"

you will aslo notice under your personal information on the left hand side under Visit Skuta's Galley (for example) its says Posts: xxxx (how many time you have posted on the forum), Thanks xxx (how many times you have thanked people for their posts), Thanked xxx in xxx Posts (how many times you have been thanks, and in how many different posts)

hope this little run-down of how it works helps!

once again...welcome to the forum!!!

Richard.W

Last edited:
T

tigertc

When I joined i was the same....Break from modelling for a long time.....then back into it during a lull in my "adult" life.

Welcome aboard!

"Take your mind away from day to day crap.......build something fantastic"

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
And a big welcome Scuta from Wonwing,you have found the right place,our models are as diverse as ourselves,enjoy your time here.

S

Skuta

Richard thanks for the info, I think I'm getting the hang of tthings now. Gonna try and post some pics of mymodel soon.

N

new to trains

welcome to the forum, wow your barge is great, and what a tidy workbench !- looking forward to some forum conversations !

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Skuta and welcome on board from me too...!!

Hope you enjoy yourself on here, we are all willing to help anytime so just shout if you get stuck !!

Regards.......Mark.