Italian B1 Centauro AFV with armor (Abandoned Desert Version)

Too much weathering?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
If you only want negative comments there are quite a few sites out there that will ablige quite freely :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fine!, you asked for it! Looks incredibly like something that's just been left abandoned in the desert! There, I said it;)...............Jim:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Negative comment? ....... Errr, "I really don`t like mushrooms" :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
if its an abandoned one id say its not weathered enough! tyres need dusting/discolouring.....other than that i think its great, you done the rust streaks well, what method did you use?

D

dougie

Negative comment: because of the background it only looks nearly real!

L

Laurie

I assume you mean hand brush Jason. :eek: That being correct I can only say that this very exceptional professional work..o_O

Really I would not criticize one way or the other about the weathering intensity. You see it as that and who would say

to much or too little.

Just to finish it looks so authentic just exceptional. Do not bother to get an airbrush. If that is novice Jason what have you

got up your sleeve when you have more experience. Great technique and very artistic. ;)

Laurie

W

Weeman0000

Lol, Thanks, i was expecting "This could be better" "That looks crap" ect. :P

p.s. i know the wheels are all wonky but it was almost impossible to get the axles in and lined up before the wheels went on.

I might take pics of the other models tomorrow and get them up.

Edit: Beowulf I just threw some MiG neutral wash over the base, added in some MiG light rust, splashed a bit of turp's about the place with a brush, 3rd coat was MiG brown wash to highlight the well rusted area's and some MiG dark wash about the place as well, all blended with turps before it was fully dry.

Edit: Laurie Cheers! In fact, i do have an airbrush but iv yet to use it. (Bought enamel paints and brushes before thinking about thinning and using the airbrush) However, that's with out a doubt my worst brush painted model. I used humbrol enamel's instead of revell because i wanted a different shade, however the paint went on rather thin and patchy so it actually had two coats and lost a little of the fine detail. Notably on the upper front hull.

I would like to have a go with the airbrush tho, at least to do camo as i dont think it would look as realistic done with a brush.

Iv slowly built a small collection of paints and pigments and washes so my work has improved as a result. (First few were crap :P )

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
The only criticism is that I think the cobbled stones are not to scale...but live your model

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
The only criticism is that I think the cobbled stones are not to scale...but live your model
Lol, Id need a 1:1 scale tank for the driveway to be in scale :P

S

steve scan

This is great Jason, you have done very well mine ended up in the bin. lol.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the only thing I would of said is about the tires,should be some what flatten,and dirty ;)

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
This is great Jason, you have done very well mine ended up in the bin. lol.
Haha, mine have gotten bad but never worthy of the bin. After all you can go back and re-do it at a later date :smiling3:

\ said:
the only thing I would of said is about the tires,should be some what flatten,and dirty ;)
Say no more, tbh i was going to do them but forgot. Doing them now tho.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
............................................................................. :D ................................................................

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Novice skills...o_O Negative comments only...

If you ask for honest crit you will get it-the guys will give it and tell you why.

I personally, cannot see anything amiss. I think most modellers will notice something after the build and address it-I do it all the time.

But for me, this is great, superb weathering and detailing. Very nice quality build.

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Novice skills...o_O Negative comments only...
If you ask for honest crit you will get it-the guys will give it and tell you why.

I personally, cannot see anything amiss. I think most modellers will notice something after the build and address it-I do it all the time.

But for me, this is great, superb weathering and detailing. Very nice quality build.
Its really just so i know what im doing wrong and or what i could do better in general, cant really improve if everyone loves it :smiling3: Altho i am my biggest critique so yeah...

Also the wheels will take time, more so because the washes wont dry and stick with them being rubber and i cant be arsed sanding them :smiling3:

I have added and weathered tool's, a general storage box and a wire cable. May even make some bedroll type things and add them along with other bits and bob's.

Side note, does anyone know how to get a good net storage sling effect type thing without actually having a net?

P

Piakio

Perhaps for a current model, which is not true in an atmosphere of war, can be a bit excessive wear applied, in my humble opinion, an otherwise good finish.

Cheers

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
Perhaps for a current model, which is not true in an atmosphere of war, can be a bit excessive wear applied, in my humble opinion, an otherwise good finish.
I agree, maybe a bit excessively weathered for the age of the vehicle, but very well executed none the less.o_O

As for the netting, you may have to investigate using a PE mesh to simulate the netting. ;)

A cracking build overall!! I have been contemplating building modern wheeled AFV's and this is one of the kits that have caught me eye amongst some wheeled arty units and personel carriers.......anyway - GREAT JOB!! :smiling3: