Just one of me Boats U-69

S

subzero

Just a couple of photos of my type V11c U-Boat ( Hopefully )

U-69 to be exact, first of the class of V11 C's static diver with Engle innards and other gubbins, hope you enjoy her.

Last edited:
A

alan2525

Thats a great looking model - makes for an impressive looking display model too! Any chance of a shot with the hatch open so we can see the gubbins inside?

B

Bunkerbarge

I put a few shots of Subzero's model in my Gallery a few months ago for someone if you want to have a look at them:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/gallery/browseimages.php?do=browseimages&c=4&userid=762&page=11

A

alan2525

The photo etched deck parts really look the job - has a scale thickness to it which makes the boat look like it's made from sheets of steel rather than plastic too.

Good stuff!

Cheers for the shots in the gallery too - Bunker

S

subzero

Alan... thanks for your interest and response. I will post some pics of the internal layout shortly so you can see the ballast tank etc.

Thanks Bunker for your link.

S

subzero

Internals of U-69

Alan hopefully you should see the inside of the sub, 750ml Tank with auto leveller and ballast tank switch / failsafe/battery checker / water ingress safety device.

Last edited:
A

alan2525

Thanks for those pics - looks like a nice neat install there. Roughly how large is this sub? Looks like a challenge trying to fit so much equipment into a small space!

A

Andy Cross

Robbe u-47

Hi There,

I've taken the plunge and got myself a Robbe Kit. I intend to build her as a Dynamic Diver but for the most she will be on the surface.

I've noticed through different pictures that she will have a high waterline level.

Apart from the £200-300 expense og getting the staic conversion is there another way I can get the correct water line level.

Thanks.

S

subzero

Unfortunately the answer is no...the boat has to be ballasted down to the deck level more or less in order to get it to dynamically dive, the only way you can achieve the correct level of surface trim is either have it a surface runner only, or put in the static dive system.

The Engle Piston tank a 750ml is not that expensive and neither is the BTS switch...Order or price them up from Engle modelbau in Germany NOT from over here.www.Engel-Modelbau.de is the site they produce all sub kits and bits and it is the best quality in the world !!!You can ring them up and pay with credit card and the order usually gets to you in about 7-10 days the service is exceptional. The 750ml tank is 157 EUROS and the BTS2 is 57 EUROS. 214 Euros = £146 plus a little bit of postage. Hope this is of use

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Sub,

That's a very Nice looking Model there, Subs have always interested me, Just haven't got round to trying one yet...maybe time will tell !!

Regards......Mark

A

Andy Cross

Thanks for the info. I will take the advise and build her as her a static. I've noticed quite a few builders have included the Modelbrass deck kit to enhance the scale look. I've a tried a few times to contact them direct with no reply. Are they still in business ? or is their an alternative supplier/kit available.

Thanks.

A

Andy Cross

Robbe u-47

\ said:
Unfortunately the answer is no...the boat has to be ballasted down to the deck level more or less in order to get it to dynamically dive, the only way you can achieve the correct level of surface trim is either have it a surface runner only, or put in the static dive system.The Engle Piston tank a 750ml is not that expensive and neither is the BTS switch...Order or price them up from Engle modelbau in Germany NOT from over here.www.Engel-Modelbau.de is the site they produce all sub kits and bits and it is the best quality in the world !!!You can ring them up and pay with credit card and the order usually gets to you in about 7-10 days the service is exceptional. The 750ml tank is 157 EUROS and the BTS2 is 57 EUROS. 214 Euros = £146 plus a little bit of postage. Hope this is of use
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I think I'll build her as static diver.

I'm also trying to locate the brass deck kits to upgrade her. I've tried Modelbrass a couple of times now with no reply. Is there an alternative kit/supplier.

Thanks.

A

Andy Cross

Thanks Sub for the info, much appreciated. Any ideas where I can get the Brass deck kits from. I've tried Modelbrass a couple of times but have received no reply. Is there an alternative kit/supplier.

Thanks.

S

subzero

Hi Andy, welcome aboard, you can try Dave Keough at www.Pandanmodelboats.co.uk He's a nice guy and I think he used to stock them. I contacted Modelbrass a while ago and they did reply to me, but as I said it was a while ago...Just to wet your whistle so to speak, have a look at some of these sites, dream-arts.de a German site that makes upgraded conning towers at 1/35 / 40 scale beutiful, also Accurate Armour based in the U.K. they do a tower at 1/35 scale exquiste stuff. Hope the above is of use. If you need more advise about the conversion PLEASE ask BEFORE you glue stuff in. There are a few mods to make which need doing at the build stage all easy if done at the right time. Good luck.

A

Andy Cross

Robbe U-47

Hi Sub,

Thanks for the info, I'll build her as a static. Contacted Engel and the piston tank and switch are ordered.

I'm also trying to locate the Brass etch deck kits. I've tried contacting modelbrass a few times but no reply. Is there an alternative supplier/kit available.

Thanks.

A

Andy Cross

Thanks Sub,

Sorry did'nt see your reply, a bit new to this sort of thing. I have tried Pandan models but they havn't received any kits from modelbrass for about a year. I don't mind building with as per the kit but I would like to get all the add-ons that are available so at least I have the options.

Thanks.

M

Mankster

Hi Subzero, that a neat conversion you've done on the Robbe kit. How do you find the boat dives on a single ballast tank? Does it go down tail or bow first before settling or does it go down level?

Cheers

Ramesh

A

Andy Cross

Robbe conversion u47

Hi Sub,

Before I start my build and conversion to static you refer to a few changes in the build stage.

Can you supply any info please.

Thanks

S

subzero

Andy send me a P.M. it too so long to put the reply on here I got timed out !!!

S

subzero

Hope you get these Andy and they are of use ?

Last edited: