Kfz 70 Radio Van interior layouts - Information please

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Can anybody supply,or point me in the right direction, for good, concise information/photos on Kfz 70 radio van interiors? I have a couple of photos in the WWP Productions 'Radio for Wehrmacht' book but they aren't all that useful TBH. I have the ICM set that contains two of these beasties and I want to foray into scratch-building the guts for a diorama I have in mind.
I know there was a full resin interior produced by a Russian company some years ago but I'm reluctant to funnel funds in that direction! (If somebody has an unused/unwanted example I will gladly pay full price and postage), hoping somebody can help!
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Steve,

Do you mean ICM's Kfz. 72 radio vans from Henschel and Krupp? Is your kit # DS3509?

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well yeah, as the Kfz. 70 was a different vehicle all together. I don't have anything in my references that could help you out. There is a modeler on Missing lynx who scratchbuilt a full interior in his Henschel 33 D1 radio van. I searched for his build blog, but came up empty. His name is Ron Lebert. You might want to drop him a mail or search over there too. I did find his Sd. Ahn. 24 generator build though. I hope this helps a little....

Prost
Allen

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve sent a message to someone who builds a lot of German radio vehicles on another forum, to see if he might know. I’ll keep you posted about what he replies.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Gents, really appreciate your interest and help.
Steve

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well yeah, as the Kfz. 70 was a different vehicle all together. I don't have anything in my references that could help you out. There is a modeler on Missing lynx who scratchbuilt a full interior in his Henschel 33 D1 radio van. I searched for his build blog, but came up empty. His name is Ron Lebert. You might want to drop him a mail or search over there too. I did find his Sd. Ahn. 24 generator build though. I hope this helps a little....

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, my mistake in wrongly numbering the vehicle as I also have a Kfz 70 radio car to build (c/w mounted despatch rider). Will try to track down Ron Lebert,thanks again.
Steve

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ron did amazing scratch work, but got involved in 1:1 home improvement & haven't heard a peep since.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Prost
Allen
Dude 1 Didn't Ron belong to the forum once, he used to post during the winter months ?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ron did amazing scratch work, but got involved in 1:1 home improvement & haven't heard a peep since.
Yes that's right Paul .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The chap I asked got back to me to say he unfortunately has no information :sad: