Kyosho Nitro Alpha GP2

M

magic77

Hi got a pure ten GP alpha model nitro racer.

Currently its a rally car one with a peugot shell. Originall took up the diagostini mag to get it but after couple of issues found out the cost so bought one cheap on ebay. Recently discovered that diagostini are now running a very similar model as the one i got but a monster truck.

looking at the ad when it was on it lookslike same car but with different suspension. Any ideas where I could buy the spares to convert my chassis. I have so many spares thanks to the deal from ebay I can run two chassis with just a swap of the reciever . So plan is to have a road version and supper monster track type for the garden

thanks in advance

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
The monster truck your talking about is a Thunder Tiger ssk monster truck and is brought out by machette as a part works and is completely different to a kyosho Alpha GP2 car as the monster truck is wider than the car,plus the shock mounts are different aswell,and it has a longer wheelbase than the Alpha GP2 car.

You can find the monster truck here TT ssk Monster Truck and here is some photos of the truck

View attachment 7559

View attachment 7558

View attachment 7557

/monthly_2005_04/ssk2.jpg.feb285512cb4191e0da2015925472273.jpg

/monthly_2005_04/ssk1.jpg.d5a17579171bc57ce2e907e89a2e2c98.jpg

/monthly_2005_04/ssk3.jpg.603ea713f9733327c81a13cde82bea09.jpg

View attachment 12852

View attachment 12853

View attachment 12854

ssk3.jpg

ssk1.jpg

ssk2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magic77

thanks shame as wanted to covert mine so it would run on uneven and grass any ideas if there is any possibilities like extra large dampers, wishbones etc available

dynamite25

Mad Modeller at large
First Name
steven
I would keep that car for on-road and buy a cheap monster truck from ebay all my cars are on-road so i started to buy the monster truck part works for use off-road plus my dad is getting it too as we can't afford to pay out £230 in one go so it was easier to do that,you should beable to get a good cheap one off ebay.

B

Bluewavestudios

as steve said above,

Best way to go is look on e-bay ...loads of bargains going cheap there....I have had a few off there now and have modded them too but sticking to original m/f's parts...I have modded chassis and transmissions from them though to either bring them up to date from older models or just to get the speed tweaks but both have worked.

The Skyline I have done via this very method will be rolling within the next 2 weeks now the weather is picking up again....it was nice and warm last saturday...18 degrees even but has suddenly turned icy cold again for this next week....and I was flying on top of Llandudno Great Orme on Friday with Glider in light winds too !!!

Glider was my own design from 1982...Cloud Nine....Plans Available !!!

Regards......Mark

M

magic77

thanks for the info sounds like a plan just one last question any suggestions on whats the best models to look out for so the parts coul dbe compatibile with my kyosho model