Lancaster B MK III, Finished

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is an outstanding build ............. A superb result. Big :score: from me matey.

Peter

A

andyrobs

Stunning build Adrian, well worth a big 5 stars mate

Cheers, Andrew

T

tecdes

Nice model Adrian. Like the gun turrets they are the very devil to get right & they look good (better than mine).

Apologies for bringing news. The aerials to the cockpit end according to my research when I produced my Lanc. are not quite right. A couple of picures showing I think are the correct configuaration. These are not my models just some I came across when producing mine.

View attachment 66520View attachment 66521

Also add that I got a black felt pen & pulled this down the aerial wires which gave a nice effect. It did not turn the aerials black just a multi coloured grey.

Non of the above is criticism just observations which may help.

Laurie

View attachment 67588

View attachment 67589

wirew9.jpg

wirew7.jpg

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Nice model Adrian. Like the gun turrets they are the very devil to get right & they look good (better than mine).Apologies for bringing news. The aerials to the cockpit end according to my research when I produced my Lanc. are not quite right. A couple of picures showing I think are the correct configuaration. These are not my models just some I came across when producing mine.

View attachment 66520View attachment 66521

Also add that I got a black felt pen & pulled this down the aerial wires which gave a nice effect. It did not turn the aerials black just a multi coloured grey.

Non of the above is criticism just observations which may help.

Laurie
Thanks for that Laurie, luckily its an easy fix to relocate them, I'll fix them before our club show in Sept.

Adrian

First Name
Dave
Great build Adrian.Makes me want to start mine.

S

Stevekir

Nice job. I'm working on a 1/72 Revell Dambusters (Mk III). Its tyres have no tread. Yours do. Did they come with the kit? If not, where did you get them please?

Incidentally, a tread on tyres seems to be necessary only for breaking (I guess). But did the Lanc have brakes on its wheels?

T

treyzx10r

Adrian sweet looking Lanc! Great looking paint and weathering 5 stars from me ,very nicely done Sir!!!

P

Polux

I'm not a plane fan...but looks a very nice work, tidy and clean.

Five stars from me too.

Regards

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nicely done Ade I keep looking at my Avro lanc now in my stash 10/10

C

CDW

Nice job Adrian, loads of detail to look at there.

One thing I spotted, the trails of exhaust staining, I think I read on here that you can hardly see the outer one as it goes under the wing, im sure that theres a couple of threads on here that mention it .....or am i a plonker and got the wrong aircraft? I'm sure ill be verbally shot at dawn if I'm wrong :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Nice job Adrian, loads of detail to look at there.One thing I spotted, the trails of exhaust staining, I think I read on here that you can hardly see the outer one as it goes under the wing, im sure that theres a couple of threads on here that mention it .....or am i a plonker and got the wrong aircraft? I'm sure ill be verbally shot at dawn if I'm wrong :smiling3: :smiling3:
No your right I'll tone them down when I redo the lines :smiling3:

Adrian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Brilliant work Adrian, very nicely done mate :smiling3:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great build Adrian and a fantastic paint job.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Beautifully done Ade, that's one stunning looking Lanc' mate

5 from me.

Tony,

First Name
Adrian
Thanks all for the really nice comments and feedback, I'm busy doing the ground crew to make up the diorama and will post pictures when complete, I'll correct the couple of inaccuracies that have been mentioned as well :smiling3:

Adrian