Land Rover TUM FFR

P

Polux

Hi to All!!

My next project is a Land Rover 110 military Hard Top. It's a Kit of the brand HobbyBoss to scale 1/35 (reference 82448).

After looking for information I found a photo of the original model with one of the same matriculations that arranges the kit!! That's luck!!! This allows me to locate the vehicle and to know his history!!

Allow me to explain a bit the history of this model:

In 1994 Land Rover created the Defender xD . Powered by 300 Tdi engines, the xD has a much stronger chassis, with fibre webbing around the welded joints in the chassis and around stress points to massively increase load capacity. The xD was available both in Defender 90 (TUL) and 110 (TUM) forms and known to the British Army as Land Rover Wolves.

Usually 110-inch (2,794 mm) Soft or Hard Tops, they are used for patrol, communications and supply duties. 90XDs are less common, but are generally ordered as Soft Top or Hard Top vehicles for light liaison and communications. Short-wheelbase vehicles lack the load capacity needed by modern armies, and the increased power of heavy-lift helicopters has made the largar 110s easily air-transportable, a historic advantage of the smaller, lighter 90.

The model I will do is a TUM FFR belongs to the Warminster based Land Warface Component Battle Group and was pictured during exercise "Army 2002". The LWCBG is the unit that provided the OPFOR for tactical engagement simulation exercise. In order to allow an easier Friend Foe Identification the vehicles of the LWCBG bear a two colour camouflage pattern of Black and Light Stone.

Abbreviations

TUM - Truck Utility Medium

TUL - Truck Utility Light

FFR - Fitted For Radio

LWCBG - Land Warfare Component Battle Group

OPFOR - Opposing Forces

I will mount it in a small platform of wood to exhibit, without diorama.

Excuse if today I don't publish photos ... tomorrow you will have it them here!!

I wish to mount very much this Kit!! I wait stay well!!

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

Hi to all!!

The photos that I promised.

You will see that there are a few subtle differences between the kit and the original model (two "box-radio", wheels color and the door of the auxiliar gasoline).

Nonetheless is a luck to opposing this photo!!!

Hope you like it!!!

:grinball1:

Regards

Polux

View attachment 37360View attachment 37361View attachment 37362View attachment 37363View attachment 37364

View attachment 41548

View attachment 41549

View attachment 41550

View attachment 41551

View attachment 41552

land1.jpg

land2.jpg

land3.jpg

land dibu.jpg

land dibu2.jpg

J

John Huggins

Hi pink Panther, i work along side the Defender all day as i work with 3CDO RM Logistics in Plymouth, nice motor.

The RM ones are green/black.

John

T

treyzx10r

Looks like its off to a great start,anxiously awaiting more!

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi pink Panther, i work along side the Defender all day as i work with 3CDO RM Logistics in Plymouth, nice motor.The RM ones are green/black.

John
Hi John!!

It's true...nice motor!!

What means 3CDO??? Maybe RM is "Royal Mail"?, I have some Lands in my collection and they are green/black with the Royal "shield".

Regards

Polux

B

Buttonman

oooooo he wont like that very much, those craphats are very touchy hahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

no one better to have beside you in a scuffle :beer2:

P

Polux

Sorry... I don't know very well that to say... Not with dictionary and translator deal very much.

It's like the film... "Lost in translation"

:puppet:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Gulp!

I think you will find that RM is Royal Marines.

3CDO was I believe a robot in Star Wars.......... Da Daaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry I'll get my coat------TAXI

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Don't worry Polux, I had to look it up too.

3 DCO is 3 commando brigade and RM is Royal Marines.

To all Marines, I'm sorry I didn't know this, please don't send anyone round.

Tony.

P

Polux

Thank you very much for show me it!!

Excuse all for my mistake! Thank you very much. To confuse Marines with Mail ... I'm finished.... :emo10:

Ps: in Spain the starts wars robot is called C3PO

Have fun

Polux

D

dead-mans-click

Hello the picture you posted next to the sprus is the older version of the landrovers, that one has no power steering and no turbo like the new wolfs and the box art picture. the picture of the rover is of a very old crappy one, with the paint scheme of BATUS, he have very few of them in the army now.... Oh and the wolfs are brilliant, lots of power:smiling3:

Hope this helps..... (im still serving) if you need any picture then give me a shout and i will get you some... Lewis

P

Polux

Thank you very much for your help and offer!!! It will be of great help!!

You can believe ... I am a lover of the Land Rover and only I have constructed one of them; the Pink Panther!! I have a diorama that I make to " long time " and believe that once finished I want to make other one; a garage or military base with 2 or 3 Land Rover...

I expect to have your help to correct my mistakes!!

Many thanks for all Lewis!!

Best regards!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi mates!!

Can you help me please? I am looking for military figures of the British army (modern), for my near possible diorama, have found a crew for land Rover in afghanistan (black dog). But my shop does not arrange it and cannot obtain it.

My "mad" intention was to create a reply of the Exercise " Purple Star 96 ". I am looking for a plane Hercules or to ship for amphibious landing to scale 1/35!!! I don't found nothing...

There is another possibility; I have found a helicopter CH-47 D Chinook (Trumpeter 1/35)... For a big diorama also... But I need persons, infantery or someone...:smile3:

Thanks

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Who makes the Black dog figures. John Might be able to help you out there.

A Hercules in 1/35?!!!! Polux you been out in the sun again haven'et you!

Ian M

H

hoggatt

I spoted these while i was in the model shop today, but they are US .. Tamiya 1:35 U.S.Modern ArmyInfantry Set Model Kit HC35133

shane

P

Polux

\ said:
Who makes the Black dog figures. John Might be able to help you out there.A Hercules in 1/35?!!!! Polux you been out in the sun again haven'et you!

Ian M
:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

Spot on!!!

P

Polux

Thanks Hogatt and Ian!!

I don't found nothing too... Ok! I will leave this diorama, no modern one at the moment and I will return at WWII...

But I will go for this Land Rover, only with a little base!!

Thanks mates

Regards

Polux

H

hoggatt

Found these but they a little bit pricey..

Hannants - Plastic model kits and accessories

Shane

H

hoggatt

Found some more here mate

Single figures

Military Models and 1/35 Scale Models by Accurate Armour

Sets

Military Models and 1/35 Scale Models by Accurate Armour

Hope these help,

Good luck

Shane

B

Boldman

If you want Black Dog figures try this:

Firefly Models - mail order military modelling and military figure models-Blackdog Models-1/35 Figures

I've got a couple of the modern British Tank crew with the ballistic vests for an up-armoured Scimitar I am planning to build later in the year