Lee Drennen’s 1/48 Monogram P-40B USAAC

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a beauty Lee, I'd lose my marbles if I had as many kits in progress as you seem to! Glad you took outside pics of this, she looks ready for take off. :thumb2: Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick Thanks for the complement I enjoy taking pics outside it really brings out the nature of the Model to me. Yes I have my plate full but I’m castrating on getting my started kits finished before I start any New Builds then I plan on sticking to one or two at a time. Glad you like this bird.

Tim. Thanks for the complement and stopping by I hope to finish more this week now the mojo has returned I’m going to take advantage of it.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Lovely Job on the old Monogram. I love these old kits takes me back to when I was growing up before girls work money and beer. I get great satisfaction out of building and finishing them to the best of my ability. You did a great job on the old bird. Cheers John.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Thanks for the complement. Glad you like it and I can take you down memory Lane

Jim. Thanks for the complement and your do right about a low Esteem kit and it turns out so different. It was a fun build.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well done Lee certainly looking the part ,kits with issues it seems to be my thing at the moment as Jim says coming out the other end makes the build feel that little bit better rather than just another shake and bake. Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Lee,

Turned it very nicely indeed.

Well done on a great finish on a vintage kit. Shows you don't need the most up to date kit to turn out a great model.

Also agree with taking pictures outside where possible. Much better light and a much better background.

Looking forward to your next one.

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
David Sorry for your hard ship on those kits lately.I guess buying kits now days with everything you need in them is ok but it’s not for me. Thanks for the complement

Andrew. Thanks for the complement I enjoy adding aftermarket parts to these old kits just to see how much of a improvement they make. They deserve a chance with upgraded decals and such. I’ll have another one off the bench soon

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job lee , like john and yourself i love monogram stuff , even some of their very early kits can still make a good model as youve shown here , cheers tony

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Tony, Scottie, Paul and Colin. Thanks for the complements glad you guys like it

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Neil. Thanks your too kind my friend. The paint is Testors Model Master #1911 OD one of my favorite go to paints. The Gray is Hand painted can’t remember what I used but it’s Testors

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Get it while you can Lee..........it has been all but discontinued......there's a few colors still available in rattle cans and some in 1/4 ounce bottles. They have already done away with all the 1/2 ounce bottles of the Model Masters Military colors (WW2) and except for black and white there is not much available. Thank You Rustoleum Corpation!!!

ask me how I really feel! Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Get it while you can Lee..........it has been all but discontinued......there's a few colors still available in rattle cans and some in 1/4 ounce bottles. They have already done away with all the 1/2 ounce bottles of the Model Masters Military colors (WW2) and except for black and white there is not much available. Thank You Rustoleum Corpation!!!

Yes I’ve read it on another forum. I mostly hand paint with Acrylics. I’ve been buying what I can here and there. It’s a shame these Big corporations does this.