Lee Drennen’s 1/87 HO Custom Trucks.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Excellent micro work Lee.
John.
Thanks Jay it’s a big challenge to work in this scale these days and one of the reasons I quit selling and the scalpers on Sleezebay that was stealing my ideas.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Lee......I've seen that FFE rig before is that a Don Mills model? :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Maybe it's just me but there's something romantic about big old American trucks. I probably listen to too much Country & Western, people like Boxcar Willie!!!

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Maybe it's just me but there's something romantic about big old American trucks. I probably listen to too much Country & Western, people like Boxcar Willie!!!
No your absolutely right Jim being a 4th Generation trucker the romance was there when I was very young that’s all I ever known was trucks and trucking I was glad I got to ride with my dad when he had his tractor trailer I thought I was king of the hill at the age of 4 years old I’ll never forget it and I knew before that that I was going to be a trucker. Sadly that romance is almost gone with this new generation of American Truckers.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I also have had an early love of trucks. Likely because my Dad was a contracter & had a few. I remember my Dad tutoring me when I was about 10 on how if you can't see the trucks' mirrors he can't see you, to give him a toot to get his attention when passing, to flash lights to let him know he was past you & he could pull in safely, etc.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
you, to give him a toot to get his attention when passing, to flash lights to let him know he was past you & he could pull in safely, etc.
Ah yes Paul my dad taught me all of that and then some like hold a Log Book in your windshield when your on a two lane road to let the other truckers coming at you DOT back then it was the ICC is checking Log Books give them a big wave across your windshield to let them know it’s all clear behind you or give them a circular motion with your hand to tell them keep it wound up and the hammer down no cops or DOT behind you hold a two fingers up like a piece sign to let them know there a cop on the side with radar I can go on with all the hand signals my dad taught me when I was a kid.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Lee!! Those are really nice....is the little red "tipper" an Autocar COE?