“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb build Alan,

we shell remember them,

D

Deleted member 4203

An excellent tribute to those who have fought in war and conflict. Good job Alan

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nicely done Alan, a truly somber tribute and very appreciated by all us veterans....Good Show!.. ;) .........Jim :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Absolutely superb alan , a perfect tribute  . The sunset photo is breathtaking. We will remember them .  Cheers tony

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
To the fallen 'stand down, your duty is done'

To the veterans 'thank you and respect'

Alan, that's fantastic mate 

Lee  (ex RN) :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate it, I felt a bit funny doing this TBH , I was wondering if it was right to do such a poignant subject but it's been well received so I guess my fears were unjustified 

i must admit I did feel sad when I was editing the photo with the morning sky 

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
 I was wondering if it was right to do such a poignant subject

right?......  Alan, you have done a magificent tribute to a lot of very brave men, dont feel funny about it, i think you should be congratulated for doing such a good job!

Paul (ex-RAF Regt)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Alan -if 'nice' is the right word.

Just enough to make folks think and respect.....

However, I was at a checkout in a certain supermarket yesterday morning. i was hoping to be out and in the car park at 11.00, but was still paying at the till when the minute's silence started. I stopped packing my stuff and just quietly stood still. Folks behind me in the queue started muttering and moaning.

I said nothing during the silence.......quite different after, I can assure you. Ignorant sods!  

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Your right Paul , my feelings for doing this was more to highlight what Armistice day and Remembrance Sunday is all about but some could argue I'm making light of this subject as it's a powerful image that be taken in different ways and it's never my intention to cause offence 

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very nice Alan -if 'nice' is the right word.

Just enough to make folks think and respect.....

However, I was at a checkout in a certain supermarket yesterday morning. i was hoping to be out and in the car park at 11.00, but was still paying at the till when the minute's silence started. I stopped packing my stuff and just quietly stood still. Folks behind me in the queue started muttering and moaning.

I said nothing during the silence.......quite different after, I can assure you. Ignorant sods!  

I had a similar experience yesterday mate , I was in Debenhams and at ten to eleven someone came over the tannoy and informed us of the 2 minutes silence at eleven , at eleven they informed us that it would begin 

the majority of us honoured the request but I could hear a few voices and I just looked around and saw cashiers laughing and talking with customers, made my blood boil 

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I had a similar experience yesterday mate , I was in Debenhams and at ten to eleven someone came over the tannoy and informed us of the 2 minutes silence at eleven , at eleven they informed us that it would begin

the majority of us honoured the request but I could hear a few voices and I just looked around and saw cashiers laughing and talking with customers, made my blood boil
I know the feeling Alan, too many decades of relative safety and easy living have dulled peoples sense of appreciation for those who answered the calls to defend our freedoms.
Thinking back now to my own experiences of a bygone era I can tell you it was very disheartening to come home after nearly three years in a foreign hellhole only to be scowled upon and worse by those who avoided their duty to their country. Whether they thought it right or wrong is irrelevant to me....the pain of their actions hurt me not for my own sake but for the many fine young men who suffered and died and never made it back home to their loved ones or those whom were maimed and must carry the scars for life
Those are the men I hurt for, me? just incredibly lucky I guess.......Jim

First Name
Robert
Oh wow I mean really bloomin wow
In this small vignette you have said so much and shown so much in so small a piece. It shouts out so much.
Fantastic Alan ( even bought a tear to my eyes

Kindest regards

Robert