Litho Plate for modelling.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
If you have never used Litho plate in your models then nip along to your friendly printers and scrounge some now,the material is basically very thin alloy sheet with a dull surface which picks up the ink and transfers it to the paper.

Its uses for scale modelling are many from a simple bucket seat to a complete covering job to represent metal structures,turn it over and with a small metal punch just press in your simulated rivets,turn the sheet over and glue into position as small panels on your model,I once saw a Focke Wulf 190 covered in this material and it looked splendid,no need for panel lines as they appear automatically.

For adhesive I have found Thixofix ideal,you have a good workable time to slide the panel around a bit,then bind with masking tape to hold the edges down.

It will take any type of paint on the market and is probably the most realistic material for models that represents alloy sheet as on the full size machines.

If only I could find some soft tiny rivets to use with it ? possibly something that would crimp up nicely would do the job,any ideas out there ?