'LITTLE SOLDIERS' DUNKIRK DIO WITH A TWIST. UNDER CONSTRUCTION. UPDATES PAGE 2/3/4/5.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
UPDATES ON PAGE 2, 3 AND PAGE 4.

The background to this dio is a shattered jetty made out of concrete, debris from British troops left behind on the jetty, some guns, packs, etc. The main characters in this dio are two small children, urchins, stood surrounded by dangerous items of war one wearing a British tin hat and the other wearing a German helmet. They are both looking out to sea with an innocence about them, not knowing what to do or who is the good guys or what is going on. This will be boarded and water effects added with debris in the water. One effect I want to try and play with is to add a oil drum in the water with that rainbow effect on the surface...not sure how I am going to do this yet lol.

This is the first part of the build, the jetty, made from polystyrene and coated in fine brick dust and PVA, right messy job lol. Strengthening wires added with lumps of concrete added, once dry it will sanded if need be and be painted.

The figures and oil drums are what other items I will be using and adding along with some nice items from Alan, ta mate.

Si:smiling3:

View attachment 74780

View attachment 74781

View attachment 74782

View attachment 74783

View attachment 74784

DSCF2212.JPG

DSCF2213.JPG

DSCF2214.JPG

DSCF2215.JPG

DSCF2216.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good mate , I like those figures mate they will add that human touch:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looking good mate , I like those figures mate they will add that human touch:smiling3:
Ta mate, I wanted the jetty to have that uneven, rough appearance and I think it has worked okay, with various painting it should look okay...hopefully.

The figures should work okay, just not looking forward to painting them :sad:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm sure it will look great mate and your figures will look great as well :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm sure it will look great mate and your figures will look great as well :smiling3:
Oh, the confidence...I hate figure painting...with a passion...:mad:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Piff and tish mate there's nowt wrong with your figure painting , faces are my problem in fact I've done one recently and he looks more Japanese than British lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Piff and tish mate there's nowt wrong with your figure painting , faces are my problem in fact I've done one recently and he looks more Japanese than British lol
Lol, just want them right when it is a serious piece, well that's the idea.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You'll do it mate :smiling3:
Maybe...or maybe the wife will do em...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...*rubs chin thoughtfully*

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No cheating Si.....let's see the faces - warts and all.....See what I did there?!

Great subject. I'm sure this will make into a nice, if thoughtful, mini diorama.

Bring it on...

Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
No cheating Si.....let's see the faces - warts and all.....See what I did there?!Great subject. I'm sure this will make into a nice, if thoughtful, mini diorama.

Bring it on...

Ron
Thanks Ron, warts and all, will have to get Alan to pose for me... :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Lol is she any good at painting :D
Better than me in that respect, with my problems I shake like a *******-dog.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You'll be fine just don't put a lot of paint on your brush and you'll be fine :smiling3:
Brush...oh, I tend to use a roller...

Yeah, will do my best not to splodge it on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great idea Si, its going to look amazing. Just a thought but how about some clear Pearlescent nail varnish for the oil effect? Painted as a puddle over the top of the water effect It might just work ? worth a little experiment if SWMBO has some. cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great idea Si, its going to look amazing. Just a thought but how about some Pearlescent nail varnish fotr the oil effect? It might just work ? worth a little experiment if SWMBO has some. cheers tony
Ta Tony, not a bad idea well worth a try, thanks for that.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice idea and a good start will be watching.scott
Cheers Scott, the jetty has dried so will have a final sanding to remove the large lumps then it is painting time.