\ said:
Must be a member of the Aussie Cricket team John :rolleyes:
Laurie

Apologies he he
yeah mate, that's fully me lol

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I'd say if you have chance go to a local show and try a couple out.
I've used a Iwata Neo for near on 5 years now and not had any major issues with it, I don't understand the "speed" of cleaning point always mentioned with H&S users, I take about 5 mins for a good clean or a minute to flush through. Those of you that watch Flory will see how he cleans his or as in some cases doesn't :smiling3: I dare you to fault his work :smiling3:

Anyway, have a play if you can, I recently saw the Badger SOTAR 20/20 in use and have to say when I'm ready for a new A/B I'll have a go with it and see how I cope.

We all use a variety of airbrushes on here and I'm sure people will say better results are down to practice regardless of the equipment.

Adrian
I would like to know how you find the badger sotar when you get it. I have heard mixed things about badgers, and would like to hear about how it's higher end ones operate

L

Laurie

To help with a new airbrush. Taken the Iwata and H & S as being most popular

quality airbrushes. Both having spares freely available . Both I have had

experience with and both great brushes. Both have advantages and advantages.

Note. Revolution is an Evolution but with pretty colours. Yes Steinback for Steenbeck.

2 in 1 Steenbeck is nothing special just two needles/nozzles supplied. Can be

purchased separately

Laurie

View attachment 116186

1.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
To help with a new airbrush. Taken the Iwata and H & S as being most popular
quality airbrushes. Both having spares freely available . Both I have had

experience with and both great brushes. Both have advantages and advantages.

Note. Revolution is an Evolution but with pretty colours. Yes Steinback for Steenbeck.

2 in 1 Steenbeck is nothing special just two needles/nozzles supplied. Can be

purchased separately

Laurie

View attachment 127511
A very helpful diagram. Do you find the H&S trigger more finicky than the Iwata? I certainly do on my infinity

John

First Name
Adrian
No way does it take 4-5 mins to change the needle on any Iwata range and I would again say the 10 mins deep clean is exaggerated, nor do you need spanners to strip or build back up, in-fact its suggested to finger tighten the nozzle. The plain and simple Neo has interchangeable cups as well.

Perhaps a less biased review would be more helpful.

I'd still suggest the original poster go and try a few different airbrushes if at all possible.

Adrian

L

Laurie

\ said:
A very helpful diagram. Do you find the H&S trigger more finicky than the Iwata? I certainly do on my infinity
John
I find the H & S better than the Iwata. Find them uncomfortable in a long stretch. In a short film the demonstrator

had made a plastic shaped piece stuck on the trigger which seemed more comfortable at least from looks.

Laurie

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Agree on the Iwata Eclipse range John very nice.
But we part a bit on the type John. I have an (any one want) HPCS used once.

Laurie
Setting up an airbrush museum in the shed, so would welcome this as the first inductee without hesitation.

:oops: :smiling3: ;) ;)

L

Laurie

\ said:
No way does it take 4-5 mins to change the needle on any Iwata range and I would again say the 10 mins deep clean is exaggerated, nor do you need spanners to strip or build back up, in-fact its suggested to finger tighten the nozzle. The plain and simple Neo has interchangeable cups as well.
Perhaps a less biased review would be more helpful. I'd still suggest the original poster go and try a few different airbrushes if at all possible. Adrian
Hi Adrian. Are you basing your thoughts here on a Neo (which is bought in by Iwata) or an Iwata Eclipse

from their own fold ie HPBS & HPBH which are different designs and engineering altogether ?

Biased Adrian which way ? Iwata or H & S. I use an Iwata for general work and another for effects etc..

An H & S for primer and varnish. If truth be told I favour Iwata as I use them mostly but that is my

personal preference.

Agree no better thing than trying out airbrushes. But the practical problem is where and with a number

of brushes ie both Iwata and H & S. Not just for a few minutes but for an hour or so.

I would willingly loan a couple of mine but UK customs will rate at 20% anything coming in form Jersey

to the UK.& it is non returnable when it comes back to Jersey.

Laurie

G

Gdbjnr

Sorry for the late reply. Been snowed under in every corner I tried to hide in with a pot of glue and a spruce lol.

Well I think I'll have to read through all that a few times. Budget wise isn't really an issue. Maybe should look a little higher in both ranges. Tried to use my current one again today. It's now at the bottom of my garden somewhere after being thrown at the fence and we've had several major thunderstorms this evening so it's staying there. Thanks for all your help

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Not looking to hi jack, but I have just given up the hobby and I am looking for a good owner of my prized, brand new Iwata HP-CH Hi Line-

For both the needle and the airbrush and superlube large tube, I am trying to offload it for $185 aussie dollars