Looking for help wih door hinges

J

johnthornhill

Hi Everybody!!!!

Sorry I had to do it, anyway I'm looking for some help with door hinges.

I'm working on a GTO and the car just beggs for vertical lift door's.

I am curently attempting to recreate a set from photos. I'm haveing very little luck but I am haveing some luck. None of the other sites I've visited has had ANYTHING but I am still hopeful. Please if any of you have any ideas or advise it would help a lot.

BY the way how would go about adding photos of what I have accomplished so far and when and if I do get it right put the finished product.

S

Spyderman_uk

Hi John and welcome to the forum!

I am afraid I can't help with the hinges as I have not come across them before with model cars, certainly not working doors anyway.

It sounds like an interesting project and good luck with it.

I am sure someone more qualified than me will come along any time now and help, but adding pictures is quite simple. If you click on the "Reply" button, left side under previous post, as opposed to the quick reply box. Just above the text box is a series of buttons. Right in the middle, top line, is a Paper-clip icon. Clicking on that gives you the option to upload pictures from your PC. Just make sure the images comply with the memory and physical sizes, press upload and Bob's your uncle.

Terry

A

alan2525

I'd use some brass strip, and a piece of brass tube that will fit closely over a length of brass rod. You can then solder the parts together. It might be a good idea to try to take a look at a model diecast to see how the door mechanism opens, or look at the custom parts you can buy to put vertical lift doors on your citroen saxo!

One thing to be aware of, working hinges in small scale need to be robust and noramlly massively overscale, you might have to live with a little bit of interior intrusion with those hinges.

J

johnthornhill

Thanks everyone for the input. However, I’m bipolar and on a mission to come up with an answer to this. I know they can be done I’ve seen them before, there were at least three models in the 2008 contest winners issue from S.A.E.. I think I’m well on my way to working them out, I’ll keep you all updated on the project.

Again, thank you for your time.