Machinen Krieger Gustav

First Name
Aaron
That chipping turned out awesome, nice build Jim. Will look fantastic in the diorama.

B

beav1013

thanks aaron. it's going to be my first time using realistic water. hopefully i get some time this weekend to work on it.

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
thanks aaron. it's going to be my first time using realistic water. hopefully i get some time this weekend to work on it.
The woodland scenic stuff? From a vid I've seen it's really easy to use with great results, I look forward to seeing the dio.

B

beav1013

Yup the same stuff. I've seen some YouTube videos, it does look really easy to use, just hope it turns out ok.

C

chris2681

Honestly I have no clue what it is but I can say I really like the paint job! Nice work.

B

beav1013

Ha, thanks Chris. All I know about them is that it's some Japanese thing that looks like crazy mechs and vehicles got sent back to WWII. they have some really cool things in the series.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is just superb! Great stuff, really love this.

Si:smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm not sure what he/it is (A Gustrav is a type of aeroplane to me) but it's a very nice model. I'll second the applause for the chipping, very well done.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
A gustav to me is a hand held anti-tank weapon! This is superb though I like it a lot and I'm thinking this is some what if range of kits something im very interested in

Great work on that chipping:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
A gustav to me is a hand held anti-tank weapon! This is superb though I like it a lot and I'm thinking this is some what if range of kits something im very interested inGreat work on that chipping:smiling3:
Polux did one a while back too, they are 1/35 IIRC and are around £35-if you can get hold of one.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Polux did one a while back too, they are 1/35 IIRC and are around £35-if you can get hold of one.Si:smiling3:
I can't get anymore kits until ive got through some of my stash but I am going to a model show at the end of the month and I'll claim I got possessed and was forced to buy ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice build,and do agree with the others, on the chipping great ,

nice over all look, ;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Mecha............ME LIKE!!! :D

Nice weathering and chipping!! :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
YES !!! ............ I like that a lot. Five Big Stars from me Matey.

Peter

B

beav1013

Thanks guys. The series is called machinen krieger, which is made by hasegawa. The kits are really nice and go together great. They started off as a series of either comics or cartoons (I think) in Japan, and the makers would kit bash a bunch of different kits to make these new sci fi mech type kits.

If you're into sci fi stuff I definitely recommend checking them out.

I made a creek diorama that I've been waiting for a week for the water effects to dry on. I used heavy acrylic gel medium over realistic water. Hopefully that all gets finished up this weekend so I can put some pics up.

T

treyzx10r

Looks awesome Jim ,great job on the weathering! Very nicely done Sir! Looking forward to seeing it in the Dio!