Making project files.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Hands up all of those that have big piles of magazines in their den ? now ask yourself this question honestly -Can I really find those plans and photographs for my next project ? the chances are that you know that you have the necessary information but just cannot lay your hands on it,I realised many years ago that unless I organised my plans,files and pictures then the quest to build that new project would be flustrated so I decided to do something about it,get yourself some of those fold over card folders from a stationers,you can buy them in packs of twelve for a few shillings so do a deal with the owner and start of with say one hundred folders,go home and arm yourself with a stanley knife,steel rule and a staple gun,take a handful of magazines after the staples have been removed otherwise you will wreck your knife blades,lay the steel rule along the edge of the mags and cut right through the whole lot leaving seperate pages,now give yourself a bit of room and carefully sift through the pages discarding any advertisements or unwanted material,lay the pages you want into piles such as 'Spitfire,Hurricane etc etc or you could do things another way by manfacturers name,the latter I find best,the first thing that will notice is the amount of discarded material,just ads and bulk which pile up taking up valuable room,now label your folders boldly and add the contents to each folder,sort these into alphabetical order and place the whole lot into one of those card office boxes that go for a few bob each.

You will now find that it is a real pleasure to search for material as it is nice and compact and once more to hand,why waste time looking through hundreds of magazines ? lets you do more modelling as well.

Why not go one stage further by adding postcards,cuttings,your own photographs or notes making everything neat and tidy ? :goodluck: