MazingerZ

P

Polux

\ said:
Suddenly an innocent toy starts to look quite menacing.. Great paint jog Polux.Ian M
:smile1::smile1:

it's true...looks quite menacing now!!

Thanks to all

Polux

G

GazB

Wow!

I have followed many of your builds in the past, and I always think they are amazing, they just keep on getting better.

That is some of the best rust & streaking effects I have ever seen, Polux your eye for detail is incredible. This isn't modelling, It's art!

S

Sky Raider

Its an amazing transformation Polux. You got to do a before and after like for like when you have completed.

Andy

P

Polux

Thank you Gaz and Andy for yours wonderful comments!!

Thanks again!

Polux

M

m1ks

Fantastic polux, love the streaked rust effect, how did you go about that?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great Rust polux.

very life like.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
Fantastic polux, love the streaked rust effect, how did you go about that?
I'm learn the most important is the varnish!!

I try Vallejo one, but the washes and other effects don't go so well....

For the Hummer SIG I bought a different varnish (see pic) and it goes perfect. It's more thick, and with only one coat the result it's enough good to work "hard" after with all kind of products.

After this I use the rust Streaks from AK. Do a little streaks with a small brush. Leave dry three or five minuts and then with a humid wide brush (with white spirit) I "clean" with a very soft moviments. If the streak have to goes down, I "clean" in the opposite direction. This kind the width rest in the correct place...... When you start to paint, you push more the brush in that moment. If you do in opposite way the result is better and easy to control. (Hope you understand what I'm trying to say).

It's not difficult!! believe me, I start this trick with a locomotive I do recently.

You will do a rusty Iron Man? you have to wait after I see the film you recommend me....see the film with a rusty hero must be.... well.... ;)

Hope it help you.

Remember, the most important is the varnish...the other comes "alone"...

Polux

View attachment 58281

View attachment 60146

P1010202.jpg

M

m1ks

Thanks for that, I think I see what you mean.

You're applying the rust effect over a varnished surface then dragging the streaks with a wide flat brush moistened with turpentine?

My iron man isn't going to have rust effects, if I was being geeky he couldn't as the suit is an alloy. :smiling3:

The base iron man stands on will have rust effects, I'm using the salt method, have some more salt to apply then a few painted patches so I have a mix of rusty steel and paint

P

Polux

Thanks for that, I think I see what you mean.

You're applying the rust effect over a varnished surface then dragging the streaks with a wide flat brush moistened with turpentine?

---------------

Exactly this! ;)

S

Sky Raider

That is stunning Polux, dont forget the before and after pics they will reflect a true image of you excellent skills.

Cheers

Andy

P

Polux

\ said:
That is stunning Polux, dont forget the before and after pics they will reflect a true image of you excellent skills.Cheers

Andy
Don't worry Andy, I will do!! ;)

Thanks

Polux

P

Polux

Hi folks!!!

The Mazinger Z is finished.....

I'm very happy with all I learn about rust streaks and general weathering. The kit was very easy and fun to do, an advantge.... you work without worries to do mistakes over a 350 pieces tank or similar. ;)

Well...here is the Mazinger Z after 30 years of rains, sunny days, wet conditions and other weatherings.....

The first pic is the kit, out of box. The second one is after the paint work.

Regards

Polux

View attachment 64578View attachment 64579

View attachment 65776

View attachment 65777

P1010171.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Polux. Any chance of a few completed photos when you get this sorted....

Ian M

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Truly outstanding work Polux, you have areal talent, share it with me lol.

I love this, great build from me sir.

Si:smiling3: