Meanwhile, somewhere in Europe

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Been doing some more rocks, next point will be siting the schwimmwagens wheel points and 'levelling' so that there isn't a wheel in the air!
IMG_20210506_180932884.jpg
IMG_20210506_181001826.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Daylight arrives and shows up one or two bits needing attention:angry: but not too bad, considering that I was getting in my own light half the time I was working on it (won't fit on the bench) roadway is now wider - luckily I'd had to mask off the edge, so just removed the mask - slope is now consistent with the photo, and follows a natural line on the photo (seemed to be one all the way across, which is one reason that I put the landscape to the level it is).
View attachment 421714
View attachment 421715
View attachment 421716
Just need to get the last couple of areas done, and get the paint colours right.
Now I see it...its not a dead end but a continous curve or hair pin. Totally forgot about the backdrop...duh!!?? The backdrop and dio are seamless and the extra surgery has paid off.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Now I see it...its not a dead end but a continous curve or hair pin. Totally forgot about the backdrop...duh!!?? The backdrop and dio are seamless and the extra surgery has paid off.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, I'm now trying to get the extra width on the road to match in - trouble with using just 4 paint colours, is getting the mix the same twice in a row - doesn't really matter when painting the rocks, but if I can't get it right for the road, it's going to stand out like a sore thumb! :upside: :tongue-out3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice work Gerry, The "Schwimmy" fits Good. :thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Nice work Gerry, The "Schwimmy" fits Good. :thumb2: Rick H.
Thanks, looks OK, one wheel is 'up', but it's on an area that still needs work, so not really a problem at the moment. Flash really 'flattens' the scenery!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry,
Looking good flash always kills the look.
Thanks Scottie, will have to take some daylight photos to compare.

Still got a challenge ahead which I'm giving some serious thought to, and perusing the forum, don't think that it's been done/posted up - campfire with flames and smoke? Got a few ideas bubbling away, will have to try some and see what they turn out like.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think John Race just finished a Diorama with a fire in a stove.....1/35 scale shadow box dinner on the front line or something similar....... check it out in "completed dioramas"......hope this helps Gerry. Rick H.

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I think John Race just finished a Diorama with a fire in a stove.....1/35 scale shadow box dinner on the front line or something similar....... check it out in "completed dioramas"......hope this helps Gerry. Rick H.
Yes, Rick he did, that was lit up with a flickering led - I haven't got the technology for that ;) so will be 'exploring' with other effects.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Model RR suppliers usually offer the complete package.......smoke generators & simulated flames for camp fires or building fires. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice.......and looks reasonable to build! :thumb2: Rick H.