Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not at all bad John.

I was wondering what had happened with this one. Some times my browser does not show the new post flags, others I just miss.

It is a shame that you scaled down the diorama to a single figure but you know your limitations and that is a good thing. The figure looks good and the altered pose worked well. I still don't have the nerve to chop up a figure in that scale!

If you feel that your painting skills are not where you would like them to be, I can recommend a visit to 'the forum shop' John has a few great guides in both book and DVD form. DVD - Painting & Finishing Miltary Figures Rob Henden Tutorial DVD VID-DCF069 - ScaleModelShop might be of particular interest as it would seam that you are drawn to figures.

For a first attempt is very good.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanke Ian cutting up figures i am enjoy as my other Dio will show when it's finished, as for painting figures this is the first figure i have made so i didnot expect to much. i have downloded a page from this site on painting figures so i hope this will help.

Regards

John

N

noble

This is not bad John the pose looks good but if i may make an observation try adding a black or brown wash to his helmet and equipment and follow this up by dry brushing the raised creases on his coat. All together not bad at all mate keep up the good work.

scott