Mercedes SLS AMG Drift

P

PWick

I built this about 3 months ago, but when getting to the last stage, the windscreen I found it badly distorted and on warming it to correct it, it broke into 3 pieces. So I've had to wait until today when the new screen came from Revell.de to finish the build.

I've added seatbelts, scratchbuilt a half rollcage, painted the shell and engine bay with a mixture of gloss yellow and matt green. The decals are from the spares box. I also added the front splitter and a tuner style bootlid mounted rear wing

The doors click into the open position and shut quite well, the drivers side better than the other.
56_zpsfthjfpen.jpg

57_zpshyxowfpu.jpg

58_zpstzkswcgu.jpg

59_zpsid7oh0p0.jpg

54_zpsrdnbbzpo.jpg

48_zpsjao4fj9p.jpg

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I like this. Love the paint job.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice build,Patrick,glad you were able to replace the window,looks great,
do like the hello,kitty on the side,:D

P

PWick

Thanks Paul and a merry Christmas to you.
Thanks Monica, yes I bought a decal sheet with Garfield and other characters on it and she was one. Merry Christmas to you as well!

R

Rik101

This is not a criticism but just an idea. If you were to paint the front face of the step back that the door sits against satin black it would look like the rubber seal that the real car has.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thanks Paul and a merry Christmas to you.
Thanks Monica, yes I bought a decal sheet with Garfield and other characters on it and she was one. Merry Christmas to you as well!
Merry Christmas as well,Patrick,hope you have a great day of it,and enjoyable,oh to hot hear,;)

P

PWick

This is not a criticism but just an idea. If you were to paint the front face of the step back that the door sits against satin black it would look like the rubber seal that the real car has.
Thanks Rik. I just didn't research that one enough, Merry Christmas!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Patrick, like the paintjob.

P

PWick

Thanks eddiesolo, Merry Christmas and yes I like to experiment with rattle can paints, both Acrylic and Enamels.