MGB, Aoshima, 1/24 scale

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Usual Aoshima in the box.......kit for the road going version with a few extra sprues chucked in to turn it into a racer so gets lots of spare seats, wheels, bumpers choice of soft top up or down or a hard top

plan is to do it british racing green if what i have is a nice enough shade, if not it will go red

been wanting to do this for a while so it can go with the Lotus 7 club racer i did a few months back

will hopefully end up along these lines

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like that will be fun. BRG for me as well, if you can.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Iconic motor car. Coincidentally I watched Wheeler Dealers on TV last night which featured an MGB and then I found this this morning.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so first thing is what colour?....these are the choices

DSCF0789.jpg

second thing is ive been doing a bit of fiddling and im not sure i shall be using the hard top.........fit dosnt look too good so it will probably be the soft top down option......or maybe soft top up if it goes over the roll cage.......but i wont know until it comes to that point in the build...decisions, decisions lol

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
At the risk of being lynched , red for me , the bottom one . I love an underdog ! Cheers tony

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
improvised some seat belts since ive run out of aftermarket pe ones......ribbon is a little bit wide, made worse by the narrow race seats i think but it will have to do

interior is done apart from the roll cage which is going to be sprayed the same colour as the body..........which is tomorrows job

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Great progress so far, the RLM23 red would pop nicely, a decent light primer would help it pop :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well its gone green but im not too impressed with my handiwork so it might go in the paint stripper ready for another go, going to give it a few days to really harden off and then i will think about it

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul
Really first rate interior. Personally I love the seat belts, and the clean finish really works well.

John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so i tried spraying it green again and got an even worse result than the first time

im blaming myself as i used Tamiya paint which is not my usual choice so im on a learning curve with it

so its gone red .......needs another coat of gloss clear yet, then im going to let it harden off for a few days as im thinking of trying BMF for the trim ....which is something ive only used twice before, and not for this sort of thing

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good!