Model boat maker wanted

B

Boat

Hi,

I sail a dinghy and would really like a scale model of it made

Its a standard class Phantom dinghy so lots of pics and info online

Is there anyone on here that could make a scale model for me and if so what sort of cost would be involved?

Thanks

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi there, there are a few on this site that do make model boats, so maybe they can offer you more advice regarding materials-wood is the easier option and also to what scale would you like it. On top of that you will want the aluminium masts/fittings. Dependent on scale some may have to specially made/cast. You could be looking at £250 upwards.

One other way is to find a local boat scale/yacht boat club near where you live and have a talk to them, they maybe able to help.

Good luck, sounds interesting.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to add, that I did find this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Radio-Control-Yacht-Phantom-RC-Model-Sailboat-Radio-Control-Boat-RC-Yacht-/390818501951, maybe not what you are wanting but it is cheaper and could be painted to what ever colour your boat is. I don't know how accurate this model is to the real craft.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi there I have scratch built several ships but not usually boats I would suggest looking on a ship/boat specific sites like model ship world or model shipwrights although all eddiesolo says there are several others on here who could do it for you it's just that it's a very specific thing you require so I think you are more likely to get someone on a boat/ship specific sites, hope this helps

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I do sail RC boats and tinker in making stuff, but a scratch build like this would be more than I could do unfortunately, I do use this site: www.modelboatmayhem.com there are all types of RC model makers etc so you may get a better response there. On the main page go to forum and then sign up, all free and post your needs there.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Si you just reminded me I joined that forum a couple of years ago don't know why I had forgotten that do you think my account would still be active.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si you just reminded me I joined that forum a couple of years ago don't know why I had forgotten that do you think my account would still be active.
Should be, only way is to try I suppose.