Model T Touring, Revell 1/25 Custom

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
had no idea what to do next..............got a GB starting at the end of the month so didnt want to do something thats similar to what im doing for that, was perusing the 'pending' stash when swambo chimed up.......'do that one.......in orange!'

so thats what im going to do.....if ive got some orange lol, if not it will be some other bright colour

picked this up at the newark show last year, might try a few things like the after 8 trick on the seats

need to inspect everything first, the sprues seem to be a little bent, hope the parts are not warped

P

Polux

Mmmm.... :cool:

You can do a lovely paint work here, if you wish :P

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yes a nice chrome lemon yellow Paul , like on the Revell chopper , or another of my faves for customs , a very light sky blue - Bitchin!! Another option would be to slam, it and Rat it- I was in Newark last Sunday and there was a custom and classic car event in the market square and there were some simply amazing machines ,including a couple of outrageously ratted ones. I was like a kid in a sweet shop !! Whatever it becomes I'm looking forward to seeing it and finding out what the 'after eight ' treatment is?!! cheers tony

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Yes a nice chrome lemon yellow Paul , like on the Revell chopper , or another of my faves for customs , a very light sky blue - Bitchin!! Another option would be to slam, it and Rat it- I was in Newark last Sunday and there was a custom and classic car event in the market square and there were some simply amazing machines ,including a couple of outrageously ratted ones. I was like a kid in a sweet shop !! Whatever it becomes I'm looking forward to seeing it and finding out what the 'after eight ' treatment is?!! cheers tony
I think the Roll & Tuck on the upholstery, can be replicated using the ridged paper between the chocs!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I think the Roll & Tuck on the upholstery, can be replicated using the ridged paper between the chocs!
got it in one ;)

looking at how this goes together the front seats would be easy but dont think i could do it to the rear bench seat

its going to be built as is......i hate slammed or low riders and i dont have the skill to turn it into a rat rod :D

need to look thro my paint, know i have some pearl red but the more i think about it i think yellow will suit, with black seats to set it off

i have got some orange bu its Repsol orange for Rossi's Honda RCV so i dont want to use it

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
had problems :mad:

mainly cos i think the can of yellow i used was a bit low on pressure, paint went on a bit thick, looked horrible

so its had a dip in BF and its back to square one

i quite fancied it in yellow but i dont have another can, currently thinking of Vauxhall metallic Caribic Blue same as this shed Corsa

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's a nice colour, not so sure about the motorized shopping trolley though :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Watching with interest paul as I have a few cars waiting to be done but not not sure how to achieve the paint work how many primer/top coats etc so if you have the time would you please show how you do yours as it would be of great help to someone like myself cheers John

S

Stevekir

Me watching too, as I am doing a 1/16 Roller Phantom Continental II, 1934.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Watching with interest paul as I have a few cars waiting to be done but not not sure how to achieve the paint work how many primer/top coats etc so if you have the time would you please show how you do yours as it would be of great help to someone like myself cheers John
John: I have sent you a PM (a "conversation").

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
lol...i just make it up as i go along.....primer til its covered.......specially like this which is in blue plastic :rolleyes:

several light coats of paint to build up colour

one or two coats of clear coat

i dont polish....ive tried it (and will try again one day), didnt get on with it

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
so here we go again

yellow is off, reprimed, given it a coat of silver as a base coat, im hoping it will cover any blue showing thro and make the metallic blue top caot pop a little bit

hope to get a coat of the blue on tomorrow

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
ive relented lol

been out and picked up a can of Inca Yellow.............its a Rover colour that was used on the likes of MGB, TR7, Mini, Triumph Spitfire.....................................and the Austin Maxi!

J

John Huggins

Hi Paul not looking to bad.

I think maybe white primer would have bought out the yellow a bit better, but thats just me.

Keep up the good work.

John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
so i scratched a dizzy and wired up the engine. used fine jewellry wire rather than coated wire as its finer. engine in the frame and rear axle added

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think it is looking good and really starting to take shape Paul, nice colour.

Si:smiling3: