Modelling Plans for 2023

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I'm glad to see this thread revived so I can see my plan is already collapsing. Deviating from my list for 3 GBs.......
Funny you say that. I also am reconsidering my plans. I should have finished my 1/48 HK Lancaster within a couple of weeks and originally intended to get back to 1/32 builds with the ZM Raiden.

I am still keen to do so but I have these last five 1/48 kits in the stash and I am tempted to get in and finish them first. These are all modern jets, rather than my preferred WW2 subjects and I have no plans to buy any more 1/48’s (though the ICM B26 Marauder and Beaufort are seriously giving me second thoughts - I will resist and hope that HKM bring out a 1/32 Marauder.)

So my schedule is likely to be:
Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS2
AMK MiG 31
Airfix Buccaneer
Tamiya F4b
Tamiya F14A

Then the 1/32 ZM Raiden and it’s all 1/32 from there on in.

Planned purchase list now 1/32 only, all kits expected to be released in 2023 or 2024.

Italari Folgore
HKM Havoc
ZM Fw190
Kotare Spitfire Mk1 (I plan to hold out for the Late version, the mid, early and Mk V being released first - mind you, can I wait?)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL GUYS I HOPE you all wont be offened but havin read through all your post its given me a good laugh as to me this is just my opinion but i dont think your plans will work out so why plan ahead as you will all surely change them as time goes by sorry on this an my plan is to finish tiger an launch her this year an hope i havnt upset anybody lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:
chrisb

Last edited:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Funny you say that. I also am reconsidering my plans. I should have finished my 1/48 HK Lancaster within a couple of weeks and originally intended to get back to 1/32 builds with the ZM Raiden.

I am still keen to do so but I have these last five 1/48 kits in the stash and I am tempted to get in and finish them first. These are all modern jets, rather than my preferred WW2 subjects and I have no plans to buy any more 1/48’s (though the ICM B26 Marauder and Beaufort are seriously giving me second thoughts - I will resist and hope that HKM bring out a 1/32 Marauder.)

Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS2
AMK MiG 31
Airfix Buccaneer
Tamiya F4b
Tamiya F14A

Planned purchase list now 1/32 only, all kits expected to be released in 2023 or 2024.

Italari Folgore
HKM Havoc
ZM Fw190
Kotare Spitfire Mk1 (I plan to hold out for the Late version, the mid, early and Mk V being released first - mind you, can I wait?)
If it helps the Beaufort is a lovely kit......

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
WELL GUYS I HOPE you all wont be offened but havin read through all your post its given me a good laugh as to me this is just my opinion but i dont think your plans will work out so why plan ahead as you will all surely change them as time goes by sorry on this an my plan is to finish tiger an launch her this year an hope i havnt upset anybody lol:rolling::tongue-out3::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:
chrisb
The man deriding plans has a plan....... :tongue-out2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
chrisb
Just remember Chris, as Von Moltke is frequently quoted…no plan survives contact with the enemy…..

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Me I don't have plans I just open the stash cupboard pick up the first thing I put my hands on if I don't fancy it I will pick something else.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Well my 2023 plans are almost there although it has been bl@#dy hard work! I still have a bit of junk to get rid of but ive now moved in. A new bench and some shelving units,new spraybooth,new compressor next on the list.no before pictures as that would just be embarrassing lol.20230219_151429.jpg20230219_151320.jpg20230219_151344.jpg
Most of the paints are out the way.20230219_151629.jpg
Stash cupboard.20230219_151542.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
"In preparing for battle I have always found plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." Ike quote.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris

Kinetic Sea Harrier FRS2
AMK MiG 31
Airfix Buccaneer
Tamiya F4b
Tamiya F14A

Italari Folgore
HKM Havoc
ZM Fw190
Can't wait to see you throw some magic at the Kinetic Sea Harrier, they turn out to be really nice looking builds if you can navigate the slight issues with the moulding..nothing too hard though...despite them I really enjoyed building my FRS.1,

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Can't wait to see you throw some magic at the Kinetic Sea Harrier, they turn out to be really nice looking builds if you can navigate the slight issues with the moulding..nothing too hard though...despite them I really enjoyed building my FRS.1,
Issues?

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Yeah,
the wings had a step on them where they meet the top of the fuselage, and for some reason the lower wingtips seem to have some extra / heavy mould line detail on them that isn't apparent on the actual aircraft, so a bit of delicate sanding /scraping is needed. The air intakes need a bit of attention to get a seamless gap,and if i remember correctly there's no location markings for the fitting of the aden gun pods.....(not sure the FRS.2 had them ),

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Yeah,
the wings had a step on them where they meet the top of the fuselage, and for some reason the lower wingtips seem to have some extra / heavy mould line detail on them that isn't apparent on the actual aircraft, so a bit of delicate sanding /scraping is needed. The air intakes need a bit of attention to get a seamless gap,and if i remember correctly there's no location markings for the fitting of the aden gun pods.....(not sure the FRS.2 had them ),
Cheers, I have the Kinetic Shar in my stash after binning the Tamiya one.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
After a long time away due to work commitments I'm easing myself back in by finishing a few kits off then I'm going to have a go at the large scale plane I've been promising myself.

After reviewing many of your builds @BarryW, I'm very tempted by the Tamiya Corsair.