Moebius Iron man MkIII

M

m1ks

Update, (wee one)

Base salted and base coat of humbrol polished stainless metalcote on the base and the figure.

Before polishing

After a quick buffing with a cloth.

O

Oily

\ said:
Nice clean build there oily, did you use the alclad paints?
Cheers,yes,I used the Alclad paints,first time I'd used them and very pleased with the result :smiling3:

P

Polux

Love the color!!! Looking very, very good!!!

I can't wait to see it finished!

Polux

M

m1ks

Thanks Polux, I am, (currently), still going with the trad red / gold combo but am trying this base for the clear red, if you look at the movies, the MkIII is a darker shade of red than the MkIV onwards.

To achieve this, after some rudimentary experiments it seems a darker metallic base is needed than with gold or silver, so fingers crossed that'll do the trick, I may even leave the face plate, I quite like the look at the mo.

P

Polux

You will do perfect, don't worry, I'm sure!

Mmmmm....sorry but have to say I don't see any film...! A lot of images and trailers only ;)

But understand what you say!

Good luck mate! Go for it!!

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Looks like a decent parts count compared to the moebius kit, be interesting to see that go together, are you building that anytime soon?Nice clean build there oily, did you use the alclad paints?
Its on my to do list but the War Machine one I got just leap to the front of the queue :smiling3:

Adrian

M

m1ks

I'd quite fancy doing a war machine in miltary camo, I think that would look pretty good.

Am eager to see the build of that though so bring it on.

Maybe a superhero themed SIG build or GB?

M

m1ks

Update

Top coat of red, (tell you what, throw a little hotrod red in there), like the colour!

The bits still in stainless will be painted next then the repulsers and detail to do.

G

GazB

That is looking fantastic mate, love the depth of colour you have on the that red.

P

PD Models

Really nice, Ive always wanted to make a fulll size Iron man helmet :smiling3:

Last edited:
M

m1ks

Small update, paint on base complete, weathered rust and flaked paint and steel effect, will add some mig rust and streaks. Still contemplating best way to mask the suit for the titanium gold paint parts!

Jk

P

Polux

I like it!

Looking very good so far, and the rust streaks will give the final touch!

Keep the pics coming mate!

Polux

M

mobear

thought i had posted on this after looking yesterday lol(i hadnt),what would have written was,that base is simply stunning,and do you need to weathering on it?

mobear

P

phalinmegob

outstanding work, i popped into modelzone today in liverpool with the intention of buying an iron man kit but couldnt help myself when i saw the cylon centurian so i got that instead

M

m1ks

Thankyou guys, I think a bit of mig rust and streaks will just add that little bit extra and not look so flat, (hopefully).

I hope you do a wip on the cylon, always thought they looked cool! Ideal candidate for alclad!

Update on the figure, titanium gold on, nite to sort the arc reactor, eyes, repulsers etc and detailing.