MotoCalc

I

Ian

http://www.motocalc.com/index.html

MotoCalc 8 Soars to New Heights!

MotoCalc 8 continues to be the most powerful, accurate, versatile, and easy to use electric flight power system selection and prediction program for the hobbyist.

MotoCalc 8 soars to new heights with exciting new features and improvements! Visit our download page to try it free for 30 days.

====================================

I came on the program quite by chance then I did a search on the forum and MotoCalc didn't show.

Has anyone used this program ?

what it does is, you enter details of your plane = Electric=, and it will list the motors, ESC, batteries & propellor it thinks will be well suited to your plane. You can specify the motor you want to use and it will supply the rest.

I was thinking maybe it might be of use other members.

I can't say how good it is 'cos I don't know if the info. it gives is any good or not. Though it looks good. 30 day free trial, then you pay $39.

Last edited:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Ian,I thought the name sounded familiar ? yes I once had this installed on my computer that crashed,it is ok but there is no substitute for checking the actual load with a watt meter,and provided the weight of the model is within limits the rest is up to experimenting,like a lot of things it is a starting point and a rough guide.

Electric flight has so many variables and with the advent of decent battery packs a lot of models that simply did not fly before are now a possibility,take for example the old MFA Islander,this flew with stock motors and one hell of a lump for the battery pack weighing in alone at over a pound,you were lucky if it flew a few hundred yards,now with decent outrunners and batteries she is a decent design that flies well.

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice to hear that Barry,

Have always shyed away from electric flight because of the short duration of the batteries and of course the weight, but as you rightly say, this situation is changing all the time now with improved motors,batteries and new building materials too, there are several models I would love to build as electric models so I am keeping an eye on this field too.

Regards.......Mark