MS-1 (T-18)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Heh, that A30 Challenger there in the background … That’s the SKP kit, by the looks of it, with a Tamiya lower hull and wheels? If this is the amount of work needed to bring it up to scratch, I will leave mine in the box for a while longer :sad:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
That's quite a display you have there Artyom!:thumb2:

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Heh, that A30 Challenger there in the background … That’s the SKP kit, by the looks of it, with a Tamiya lower hull and wheels? If this is the amount of work needed to bring it up to scratch, I will leave mine in the box for a while longer :sad:
I am sorry for late answer. Yes. This is SKP kit. It's very poor and I decided to compare it with Tamiya. That's true. As you can see I nearly on a half way. Also you will need for A30 tracks driving wheel from Comet. And track are only from SKP model. Nobody produce them.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Thank you all for attention and compliments! Indeed tank looks great on a base. More completed to my mind.
I hope soon I will finish it and get back to A30.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I am sorry for late answer. Yes. This is SKP kit. It's very poor and I decided to compare it with Tamiya. That's true.
I have been thinking of doing that too, though I may instead see about fixing the kit’s lower hull … not sure yet :smiling3:

Also you will need for A30 tracks driving wheel from Comet. And track are only from SKP model. Nobody produce them.
IMA does:

P1010069.jpg

I have been wanting to order that set, but I also want the 3.7″ pack howitzer they have announced, and am waiting for that to come out … I know for sure that I will not be using the SKP tracks I got in the kit: there is no way I’m going to drill out four 0.5 mm holes in each of the links so that those tiny pins will fit :sad:

Reactions: Neo

Neo

First Name
Artyom
I have been thinking of doing that too, though I may instead see about fixing the kit’s lower hull … not sure yet :smiling3:

IMA does:

P1010069.jpg

I have been wanting to order that set, but I also want the 3.7″ pack howitzer they have announced, and am waiting for that to come out … I know for sure that I will not be using the SKP tracks I got in the kit: there is no way I’m going to drill out four 0.5 mm holes in each of the links so that those tiny pins will fit :sad:
I have done that operation with their track. That was a challenge. I hope by the end of the year I will finish A30. This tank deserve to be finished.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Artyom,
Excellent work all round as always and inspiration to us all experienced and new model makers alike.
Mike.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Artyom,
Excellent work all round as always and inspiration to us all experienced and new model makers alike.
Mike.
Thank you,Mike! I am very pleased. It is very important to me to get a feedback. Last Saturday I was on a model show in St.Petersburg and had a dozens of questions from experienced and young modelers. That was cool and I liked the reaction of children and toddlers. I think I am on a right way.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hello my friends! Usually I am not speaking about politics at all but this time I have few words. Please forgive me. I am shocked and unmotivated. I can't model at all. My arms are shaking. I can't sleep well. I don't know when I will return modelling because all costs of this aggression will be on simple people of Russia. And it already started. I am not sure about my future.
I am sorry about writing this but I think I had to. Be in safe and healthy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello my friends! Usually I am not speaking about politics at all but this time I have few words. Please forgive me. I am shocked and unmotivated. I can't model at all. My arms are shaking. I can't sleep well. I don't know when I will return modelling because all costs of this aggression will be on simple people of Russia. And it already started. I am not sure about my future.
Arytom,
It's not the people like yourself at fault. Stay safe

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Artyom, this is not your fault, My thoughts are with those who will have to suffer the consequences of this aggression. Take care mate.