My 2005 War Of The Worlds Tripod

A

Armorbuilder65

Thought I would share some pics of this build. Not crazy about the film, but I love the design of this beast!

The base is pretty cool:smiling3:

Robert

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice Robert, nice weathering too. I also spy the Seaview in the background...8 or 4 window version?

Si:smiling3:

A

Armorbuilder65

Thanks:smiling3: And that would be the four window version.

Robert

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice the series one, not film version. Is this the 1/128 scale version?

A

Armorbuilder65

\ said:
Nice the series one, not film version. Is this the 1/128 scale version?Si:smiling3:
I can't remember the scale, but it's huge....about 39 inches long, I believe.

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Very nice Robert, nice weathering too.both are awesome build real like them very well done ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Well Robert I never thought I could hate someone! But I hate you right now , I've been after one of those for ages !

Seriously though great build it looks awesome and I'm very jealous :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I can't remember the scale, but it's huge....about 39 inches long, I believe.Robert
Yep, 1/128 scale. This is a favorite to turn into a RC version.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well Robert I never thought I could hate someone! But I hate you right now , I've been after one of those for ages !Seriously though great build it looks awesome and I'm very jealous :D
Pegasus hobbies I believe Al, it is a expensive kit IRC.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
There you go Al: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAR-OF-THE-WORLDS-ALIEN-TRIPOD-SCALED-MODEL-KIT-NEW-/380985838038?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item58b48689d6

D

dubster72

That's excellent Robert! It combines War of the Worlds with a 'Queen Alien' feel.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
There you go Al: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WAR-OF-THE-WORLDS-ALIEN-TRIPOD-SCALED-MODEL-KIT-NEW-/380985838038?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item58b48689d6Si:smiling3:
I have been looking on there for the last couple of years and never come across one , cheers mate although I'm going to see if I can get one at Telford , might even pick it up cheeper because every time I see something that's quite rare I buy it and then see one for less so I'm going to see what happens but thanks for the link :D

What I really want is the Jeff Wayne's version :smiling3:

First Name
barry
Looks great thought must get one untill i saw the price!.

anyone seen the stage show i am going in dec.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fantastic looking robot...creature...thingy, you're right, it wasn't the best film but obviously that's because you didn't do the models for it! ;)

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Fantastic looking robot...creature...thingy, you're right, it wasn't the best film but obviously that's because you didn't do the models for it! ;) Lee :smiling3:
I liked the film in fact I like the whole wotw genre I'm reading the book again for God knows many times , what let the 2005 movie down was Tom cruise with his lopsided wooden acting lol but I liked it because it did sort of follow the book

I want to see them make the book it would be so much better

\ said:
Looks great thought must get one untill i saw the price!.anyone seen the stage show i am going in dec.
I've got the stage show on blu ray and it's fantastic but I think it would be even better live :smiling3: