my first ever model revells gato uss barb

T

tansed

Hi this is my first ever model to build and complete, last year i was made redundant from work and was thinking what will i do now with my time off i was walking around dublin town and seen this monster in the local model shop in the city centre i said i had to get it . i always wanted to do a model and as a child i had done models but never completed them. so the time was now haha i never used a airbrush also i hadnt a clue so the guy in the shop said i will deff need to purchase some kind of airbrush so i got a little badger 250 which im still using until santa brings me my aztek for chrsitmas. i was so happy that i finished this and became hooked on models i have only finished three this gato, uss saratoga and just finished my revell F-18 1/72 i really am a novice and are lots of things i need to aprove on im only coming across tamiya tape and building up my tools but hopefully ill get there im struggling with washes and weathering to get my hand around it but im sure at only 28 i will get there in time i hope you like the gato i was like a child when i finished :smiling::dancing1:

View attachment 17069

View attachment 17070

View attachment 17071

View attachment 17072

View attachment 17073

View attachment 17074

View attachment 17075

View attachment 17076

View attachment 17077

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 027.JPG

Picture 047.JPG

Picture 048.JPG

Picture 051.JPG

Picture 053.JPG

Picture 056.JPG

Picture 015.JPG

Last edited:
J

jasonckoval

Nice job. I took my cub scout pack to visit the USS Silversides in Muskegon, MI and we slept on it! man oh man what those guys went through, thanks!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi david , congrats on a great job! this is one nice looking sub, keep up the excellent work and give us a look at your other models , cheers tony